Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hjd10

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by hjd10 »

RickH wrote:I finally took the plunge to indulge in a new steed that I could fit the cheap 38mm Vittoria Voyager Hypers that I'd bought! :?

(Big version of photo here. I doubt it will ever be quite as clean again!)

The traditionalists will be pleased that it is all steel frame & forks with lots of braze-ons.

They may be less impressed by the 1x11 gearing & hydraulic discs.

I swapped the 47mm Marathon Mondials out for the 38mm Hypers (saving around 600g/ nearly 1 1/2 lb in the process) and fitted mudguards & a longer stem (110mm for the supplied 60mm).

First ride out today - 15.8 miles & over 1500ft of ascent. :D Apart from the odd mis-shift as I got used to the SRAM doubletap system (slight push of the paddle to change up, bigger push to change down, keep pushing to change another couple of gears lower) it was a pleasure to ride. Not sure about the flared bars, I didn't find them particularly comfortable on the drops - I may swap them for something like the FSA Vero bars on my old road bike.

Nice setup, what is the size of the largest ring on the cassette?

Howie
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

hjd10 wrote:Nice setup, what is the size of the largest ring on the cassette?

Howie

Full spec here:- http://www.konaworld.com/sutra_ltd.cfm
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
RickH

Post by RickH »

Mine is the 2016 model, so strictly speaking the spec is here:- http://2016.konaworld.com/sutra_ltd.cfm

There isn't a huge difference between the 2 model years. As far as I can see the differences are - the colour (I prefer the blue), the tyres (I swapped the 2016 model Marathon Mondials out for Voyager Hypers anyway), a little more tyre clearance (the fork length, of example, is 5mm longer on the 2017 model) & a slightly different routing for the rear brake hose/cable. The other biggie was the price - the 2106 model had over £400 off the RRP where the 2017 models are largely on offer at or near RRP.

In answer to hjd10's question the cassette is a 10-42! :lol:
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
cdugher

Post by cdugher »

My latest build, to be used for bit of commuting, riding down to my running club and general pottering, joins the other four in my stable.

20170221_215830.jpg
Middle aged, middle of the pack, road, gravel, time trial and hill climb rider
Threevok

Post by Threevok »

cdugher wrote:My latest build, to be used for bit of commuting, riding down to my running club and general pottering, joins the other four in my stable.

20170221_215830.jpg

Very nice - good to see it finished 8)
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

cdugher wrote:My latest build, to be used for bit of commuting, riding down to my running club and general pottering, joins the other four in my stable.

20170221_215830.jpg

well with a bars/seat height differential like that wont be doing much pottering around :lol:

nice colour though
cdugher

Post by cdugher »

compared to my other bikes it feels quite upright for me, only been on a short ride so far but very comfy
Middle aged, middle of the pack, road, gravel, time trial and hill climb rider
fishfright

Post by fishfright »

My latest bitsa build. Spares bin special bar new brake, saddle and bars. I was missing pedalling a single speed since putting gears back on my Kona hardtail mtb

Gear ratio not finalised hence too long chain
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

A glorious start to Spring!!

spring.jpg

An early morning run out over Loch Ness to try out the new forks.....

It is actually a colour photo!!

All the best Simon
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Bristol-Bath (via Portway Park+Ride). Bristol harbour is pleasant place for apicnic tea, but very draughty if the wind is blowing! (edited after moving piccies from Photobucket to Flickr)

Last edited by rmurphy195 on 14 Oct 2017, 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
hujev

my Longstaff trike on the shore of Lake Superior

Post by hujev »

Here's a photo a couple days ago of my new 1993 Longstaff trike on the shore of Lake Superior, Upper Peninsula of Michigan (I am sure the only Longstaff trike in the UP, probably the only English trike, maybe the only Longstaff anything...)

Sorry the horizon's a wee crooked; a digicam snapshot un-zapped.

All about it and more pix on it's own web-pages: http://rjl.us/velo/longstaff.htm

/oppressed tricyclist battling the 'bikes' hegemony
rjb

Post by rjb »

My new acquisition, a Vivente World Randonneur from Australia. https://viventebikes.com/

Vivente World Randonneur
Vivente World Randonneur

This bike came along 5 months into a world tour when the previous owner was purchasing a new Thorn to continue his epic trip. The bike had had no maintenance since starting. It had a stuck seat post which I managed to remove intact after applying liberal quantities of mineral release oil and using a hot air gun with care.
I have regreased the front and rear hubs, reset the cones (carefully as the front is a dynohub), cleaned and regreased the headset, pedals. Removed the front tubus rack which had lost its inner bolts as i dont have front panniers that fit. The bottom bracket is stiff so is probably past it's best, I have changed the saddle and fitted a longer stem as the original was too short for me. I fitted the nitto bars into the oversize stem using a shim made from 1/8" wall thickness plastic pipe (dura pipe). I trimmed the broken ends of the mudguards and have refitted them for now. Managed to sort out the dynamo light wiring and the lights are now functioning. The front brake is a Rodriguez big squeeze. https://www.rodbikes.com/articles/bigsqueeze.html The frame has plenty of scuffs which reflects its extensive touring pedigree but fortunately no dents or dings. Ready for its next tour. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

OK ;)
Lets make a start
1st up is my winter commuter/ bike i ride with the kids etc .Carrera subway with a drop bar conversion
Number 2was my nice bike, just been downgraded to commuter/ winter trainer, changed the wheels to r501s, added a rack + gaurds sincethis photo .
Number 3 is my new bike with superstar elite wheelset .

Yes i am a serial C2W buyer and as our company uses a certain shop i have always found that boardmans offer the best bang for the buck , i had a choice of getting a team carbon with tiagra or thought about a CAAD 8 or a trek ALR so i went for the carbon :)
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
Sparta Fan

Post by Sparta Fan »

Here's my Thorn Club Tour plus Burley Travoy. Great for carrying the shopping but in this case it's fully loaded with equipment & 2 (safely packed) instruments for a musical show I perform at various village halls around Glos. Really pleased with the set-up, I can heartily recommend the Travoy.
Attachments
IMAG0206~4.jpg
fausto copy

Re: my Longstaff trike on the shore of Lake Superior

Post by fausto copy »

hujev wrote:Here's a photo a couple days ago of my new 1993 Longstaff trike on the shore of Lake Superior, Upper Peninsula of Michigan (I am sure the only Longstaff trike in the UP, probably the only English trike, maybe the only Longstaff anything...)

Sorry the horizon's a wee crooked; a digicam snapshot un-zapped.

All about it and more pix on it's own web-pages: http://rjl.us/velo/longstaff.htm

/oppressed tricyclist battling the 'bikes' hegemony

Woo, great to see any Longstaff bike on here and your trike looks gorgeous.
We've got three genuine (George-built) Longstaffs, two solos and one tandem, all custom-made by the great man himself.
It's a shame our dearly-departed friends didn't know you had one when they cycled on their custom Longstaff tandem from Alaska to Boston a few years ago.

Cheers, fausto.