Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
firestarter

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by firestarter »

Yeah it's a stoater. I've only really ridden it on roads and bridleways tbh when loaded up. I've ridden it on my local mtb routes with 40mm tyres on it and it was very comfy compared to my old cx bike
freiston

Post by freiston »

I never get round to posting a picture of my bike so today here's two mediocre pictures taken today on the Coventry city centre Sky Ride (click to open bigger picture in flickr):

Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

Nice bike.

Bar end levers, steel frame. Just what I like.

I've just googled the make and model and I'm tempted.
freiston

Post by freiston »

The current model has better mudguards that what mine came with (my originals were a bit too narrow and shallow) and so I replaced them with SKS longboards. I have a different rear rack (the original was damaged in transit). I swapped the pedals out for SPDs and the original seat for one off an old bike. I've added a dynamo hub and lights too. That sounds like a lot more change than it really is. I am very pleased with the bike; in my opinion it is a lovely bike for the money - very good value.
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
TonyGol

Post by TonyGol »

These 2 bikes I got for under £20. I use both for keeping fit.

Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

This one will certainly strengthen your legs. Are you training to be a jockey?
image.jpeg
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
TonyGol

Post by TonyGol »

LOL Only 5ft 2in tall so it fits me well compared to the DB which is like a tank to ride.
freiston

Post by freiston »

Don't you find the saddle a bit on the narrow side?

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my SM-G800F using hovercraft full of eels.
TonyGol

Post by TonyGol »

I nicked off it to try the DB out, not to impressed with DB bike. So the saddle will be going back on the other bike.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Picked up one today similar to the top one, but a big rough, has trigger shifters not twist grip? £5

They are very clean, the bottom one has a Steel H/bar stem, which rusts the steerer tube something rotten, you had it off yet?
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
TonyGol

Post by TonyGol »

The top one is my daily ride, which I picked for free about 3 years ago. Been sat in the loft until 9 weeks ago, then I started getting fit. The bottom one I picked up for £20 last week off Ebay. Took it for a ride to day, I didn't like it one bit. It may be used for spares for a trike I am thinking off building next year.
BigFoz

Post by BigFoz »

This is my mates Colnago,not sure of model/vintage.

Dream? Aluminium in Master profiled tubeset, Precisa forks and non-carbon rear triangle point to early 2000s. IIRC, was Columbus Airplane tubing.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Latest n+1 :D . Always looking for the next one :wink: .
DSCN0585.JPG

1990 based on the Shimano date codes.

Tange 4130 MTB Cr-Mo frame, Shimano 300LX groupset, Mavic Oxygen M6NE rims. Needs a few tweaks here and there but seems sound where it matters :mrgreen: .

Being a Kuwahara if I put a basket on the front and get a small alien to sit in it the whole thing will fly :wink: .

Edit: 11/9 now tweaked with a general service, new cables throughout, Deore LX cantilevers, Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres and a Spa Nidd.

Edit: 22/9 first proper test ride today, twenty miler. Feels sluggish on road, might be the Biopace chainrings, 175mm cranks, 1.75 tyres or just needing to fine tune the positioning. Rides great off-road :D .
Last edited by gaz on 23 Sep 2016, 3:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
LisaR

Post by LisaR »

TonyGol wrote:These 2 bikes I got for under £20. I use both for keeping fit.

Really? Under £20? you're so lucky! I like both)
TonyGol

Post by TonyGol »

The Diamondback Mountain Bike is now being broken up for spares, Most of the bike will be used for a semi off road trike.