Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cowsham

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 6:33pm
Cowsham wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 12:55pm
That is a nice bike Colin
Thank you, I hoped you'd see the picture by the canal, in case you are still planning to ride it after your accident; next year perhaps ? It's the bit that runs through the countryside once you get clear of Liverpool and before Burscough (about 12-15 miles approx), there are loads of hidden bits just off of the muddy track waiting to catch a wheel if you stray off-line towards the water's edge.
I spotted a nice cafe in that area of the canal the other day, just the right distance from Liverpool for a breakfast. I'll go and check it out one day, and report on the grub in your thread L&L Canal thread .
Looking towards the Liver building over the docks today in Liverpool.
This is almost at the start of your ride.
P1150583.JPG
Probably 2023 since I'll be away to the island twice next year cycling and we will be back on the LL canal narrowboat around the Gargrave stretch next year too.

The wife has been at me for a while to get it booked again since we were there in the summer -- so now booked a week on one.

Trying to organise the second week of the 2 week family holiday. Do you know of any good attractions to visit around Yorkshire dales or as far west as Morecambe or even back towards Liverpool? Been all over York and that direction a couple of times.
I am here. Where are you?
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

I've recently hand drawn on an old Pinarello Galileo after crashing it on a descent.

The frame survived and I decided to draw on it. This is my actual bike that I ride everyday. I have clocked over 11 000 km's on it this year!

Here's the result,

For more info & pics see,

https://firewaterboy.com/ or https://www.instagram.com/firewaterboy_art/

Enjoy!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

FireWaterBoy
Love the design :D ,you could make a custom business plan based around that sort of design stategy!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

reohn2 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 5:40pm FireWaterBoy
Love the design :D ,you could make a custom business plan based around that sort of design stategy!
Thanks! That's the plan. I'm working on a second bike but they take sooooooo long to finish. I posted some pics on my Instagram page.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

FireWaterBoy wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 6:05pm
Thanks! That's the plan. I'm working on a second bike but they take sooooooo long to finish. I posted some pics on my Instagram page.
Good unique art demands high prices in the right circles,London's the place to sell such art :wink:
W H Auden
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

It's like the bikes been tattooed -- I like it.
I am here. Where are you?
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Fire Water Boy, the older I get the plainer I like things, but that is ace, well done.
What did you use to draw the artwork? I assume (perhaps wrongly), that you are a trained artist .
Nu-Fogey
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

That is incredibly good.
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

colin54 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 8:48pm Fire Water Boy, the older I get the plainer I like things, but that is ace, well done.
What did you use to draw the artwork? I assume (perhaps wrongly), that you are a trained artist .
Hi Colin, you did assume wrong that I'm a trained artist.

I've been doodling all my life and I guess I have developed my own style with time. If you look closely there's a lot of little details hidden everywhere. That's why it takes me so long to finish any of my pieces!

I used a permanent marker with two different sized tips. One for the details and the other to fill in. I used (many of) the same marker for the whole bike to keep it consistent.

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad that you liked the bike :D
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

Cowsham wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 7:55pm It's like the bikes been tattooed -- I like it.
Thanks! A friend said the same to me. He thinks that I should start a bike tattoo business! :lol:
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

reohn2 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 7:50pm
Good unique art demands high prices in the right circles,London's the place to sell such art :wink:
If you know these circles please let me know! :D
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

FireWaterBoy wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 10:51am

Sorry I don't,if I did I would though.
Thinks.... ....if you have some leaflets printed up and distributed them to some of the more fashionable high profile shops and popular cycling cafes may drum up custom.
Another idea would be to contact some of the online magazines and posting your photos on other cycling forums like you've done here would spread the word around the cycling community.
W H Auden
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

reohn2 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 11:24am
FireWaterBoy wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 10:51am

Sorry I don't,if I did I would though.
Thinks.... ....if you have some leaflets printed up and distributed them to some of the more fashionable high profile shops and popular cycling cafes may drum up custom.
Another idea would be to contact some of the online magazines and posting your photos on other cycling forums like you've done here would spread the word around the cycling community.
Thanks for the advice! I'm posting on cycling forums for the moment. The feedback has been really amazing.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

FWBoy, Do you clear coat it afterwards ?
Nu-Fogey
FireWaterBoy

Post by FireWaterBoy »

colin54 wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 12:46pm FWBoy, Do you clear coat it afterwards ?
I have a friend who spray paints cars and he put a really thick layer of lacquer. Came out looking like glass!