Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
colin54

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by colin54 »

Very nice Gaz, just out of interest what is the widest tyre you could fit on that with mudguards ?
That must be one of the last parallel cross-bar Super Galaxy's, I don't think I've seen one of that type of frame with v-brakes before, late '90's ?
Nu-Fogey
zenitb

Post by zenitb »

rotavator wrote:
Shoogle wrote: Notice any similarities?

All have a rear rack, diamond possibly all steel frames, derailer gears.

flat bars :-)
OldLimey

Re:

Post by OldLimey »

[quote="Dai"]

Pity it's not 'Made in the UK'

I bought a new bike (I'm in the U.S.A.) and it had a label proudly declaring "Designed in Miami." But it was made in some Asian nation and was a piece of absolute junk right out of the box. 'Schwinn' used to be a quality name in bikes at one time, but that time has gone.
OldLimey

Post by OldLimey »

My Specialized Fat Boy with road tires on it. The big knobbly tires that came with it, were susceptible to punctures from sand burrs in grass. 8,000 miles (1,287km) later, not a single puncture. I'm glad because they take about a week to pump them up. :(

bike 05.jpg
OldLimey

Post by OldLimey »

My Electra beach cruiser 7D Luxe. I put the whitewalls on but am now waiting for new tires because I prefer black ones. I put the whitewalls on but will sell them.

Elektra mudguards.png
OldLimey

Post by OldLimey »

ElaineB wrote:I think ‘folders’ are very user friendly and with 20 in wheels strong enough to light tour on.
Here is my little bike on Harwich Railway Station, I had just crossed two rivers on two little ferries without any difficulties whatsoever, way to go!

Very nice, Elaine!

My wife used to have a bike with the small wheels, many years ago. I think it was a Moulton. I got back into riding bikes now that I'm retired, and offered to buy another Moulton or similar one for my wife if she would ride with me. She has no interest in riding, though.
PieShop

Re: Re:

Post by PieShop »

Agent57 wrote:
anniesboy wrote:It is the Real Thing as Coca Cola say.
I bought about 18 years ago from Ron Kitching ,only went in for water bottles for tandem.
I don't know who made it ,as you can see its wheelbase is short and toe overlap is tight .Especially with my size 13s. Frame is 531c ,this is the bike I did my super randonneur on .
ImageImage

Me too! Me too!

(Larger image here). Also bought from Ron Kit International (mail order), in around 1988. As for who made it, my memory may be playing tricks on me, but as I recall it was sold as a Nigel Dean frame.

Me Too! Me Too!
I found a rusty old CocaCola bike, which had 531c stickers &
Coca cola bike as found.
Coca cola bike as found.
a frame peg for a pump.

I have just had the frame repainted at ColourTech in Crawford, Kent, in the style of the original.
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

Digitising some old family slides and was amused to come across this - probably the first day I ever sat on a bike. I don't suppose I would have dreamed that 50 years later I would be cycling across France.
P1010188 (3).JPG
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Jay Gee wrote: I don't suppose I would have dreamed that 50 years later I would be cycling across France.

Great picture, 'Old Ted' livin' the life of Reilly in the back there as well. In hindsight the luggage could perhaps be seen as a clue to your touring future !
I remember wearing sandals like those as a kid, happy days.
Nu-Fogey
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

colin54 wrote:
Jay Gee wrote: I don't suppose I would have dreamed that 50 years later I would be cycling across France.

Great picture, 'Old Ted' livin' the life of Reilly in the back there as well. In hindsight the luggage could perhaps be seen as a clue to your touring future !
I remember wearing sandals like those as a kid, happy days.

Startrite? 8)
peetee

Post by peetee »

Bmblbzzz wrote: I remember wearing sandals like those as a kid, happy days.

Startrite? 8)[/quote]

I remember on more than one occasion as a child sitting waiting for a shoe fit in the Clark’s shop staring at the Startrite poster on the wall wondering where in the world those weirdly-clad children lived. I was given some oddball hand-me-downs to wear but nothing like those two. It’s a bit of a strange way to promote your product as the right choice for the masses. Did it also make me wonder if I would have to walk home the long way? I can’t recall other than the fact that the whole experience was faintly disturbing.
D1E4EF93-E443-466F-BF53-7A1350062F85.jpeg
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Are they actually children? I'm not sure they aren't gnomes.

And then a bit later there were Clarks Playdecks for the summer. Clarks - the Cadbury's of the shoe world. And vice versa of course.
aflook

Post by aflook »

PH wrote:
peetee wrote:I’m curious. Where does to cable under the top tube cone from/ go to? It looks like it comes out of the fork crown and goes to the pannier rack!

Ha! Well spotted - It's the dynamo cable threaded through some 6mm tubing. Not only is it tough, it utilises the unused front mech cable bosses.

That would help my dynamo routing - what type of tubing do you use and where did you get it?
Very nice bike, BTW!
PH

Post by PH »

aflook wrote:
PH wrote: It's the dynamo cable threaded through some 6mm tubing. Not only is it tough, it utilises the unused front mech cable bosses.

That would help my dynamo routing - what type of tubing do you use and where did you get it?

It's this stuff 6mm x 4mm internal diameter, 2 meters was a fiver delivered.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polyurethane ... 2749.l2649

The cable is the SON coaxial stuff, it was a tight fit, but is stiff enough to push through. I also sealed the ends with some shrink wrap, I'm not sure it needed that, but I had some and expect the job to last.
Very nice bike, BTW!

Thanks, I'm enjoying it even more than I expected to.
aflook

Post by aflook »

Thanks for that PH. Most useful. I am currently building up a new frame, a Condor Heritage Disc, and it's all those little details which take up so much time, especially as I need the old bike to stay functional so I can't just plunder it for parts willynilly. I hope we can all get some long trips next summer to try out the the various modifications we've been doing in lockdown!