Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
beachcomber

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by beachcomber »

I based this custom self build on the GT. (It was a fortune in comparison)
This bike appeared in pic's of your bikes previously
Attachments
LR on moors.jpg
JKT

Post by JKT »

I loved my first Pacific Reach so much that I got another one..

Image[/QUOTE]

More pics here: http://bit.ly/9hy3hd
fossil

Post by fossil »

thats an unusuall looking bike :shock:
bumper

Post by bumper »

The winter bike in a recent trip to wales. Excuse the blurry shots, I was using the phone and it was that windy I couldn't keep the phone still!
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Nice one bumper. My kind of bike. :D
Si

Post by Si »

yep, looks cool, what bike is it?
And I bet those disc brakes were handy if you came down the steep side afterwards :wink:
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

Yes, very nice indeed. Looks like a Singular Peregrine to me. The sort of bike that Dawes ,Raliegh etc should be knocking out. At a lesser spec' and price ofcourse but you get the idea.
bumper

Post by bumper »

Thanks for the comments.

It is a peregrine running 26's not the usual 29's, the brakes are the avid bb7s and are excellent at scrubbing speed even when fully loaded. I love this bike even though it isn't the lightest or fastest bike I own, it's just so comfy and dependable, it does everything I ask of it and never skips a beat. I'm tempted to get the Osprey but I think Sam is going to it the exact same colours as this, the Kite also looks nice........
Mike59

Post by Mike59 »

Here's my new Thorn Club Tour ...

Smudge

Post by Smudge »

This is the bike that got me back into cycling (Giant Terrago) it ended up with slick tyres on it as i preffered pottering around the Devon lanes on it rather than doing the offroad stuff

Then i decided i wanted something more road orientated so the Terrago was put back to its original MTB state and passed down to Jake and i bought myself a lovely (flat bar) Cannondale Synapse

Then i started reading touring books and decided that i'd like to do some touring and when a Ridgeback Panorama came up for grabs from one of my customers (for £100) i just had to have it

Simon
"It never gets easier ~ You just go faster"
Big John

Post by Big John »

This my shiny new Genesis Croix de Fer - Rido R2 saddle, Speedplay Frog pedals and 'guards added so far.
Attachments
CIMG5586-1.JPG
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

John, how does it ride?
Big John

Post by Big John »

To be confirmed... It's my first drop bar bike for about 15 years so at the moment I am in pain - but only because my lower back is more or less seized. Ride is so far very good although I'm detecting a hint of fork chatter under braking.

I'll report back further once I've got the handle bar height and reach properly sorted.
Velorum

Sparta update!

Post by Velorum »

Having nearly finished modifying the mighty Sparta to my taste I thought that I would post an update for those interested in things more traditional.

As mentioned in another tread I have ditched the dyanmo system and gone all LED/battery. The new front lamp is a Bobbin's retro special - I think that it looks great and I am particularly pleased by the bright beam. It operates on constant or flashing. Link to Bobbin: http://www.bobbinbicycles.co.uk/Retro-Front-Light

A good match for the mudguard mounted rear LED via forum member 'workhard' viewtopic.php?f=32&t=34971

Ive had my eye on one of those Busch & Muller stubby rear view mirrors for a while - I took the plunge and ordered one from DOT bikes: http://www.dotbike.com/ProductsP3041.as ... aign%3dDPL Im really pleased with this - very good quality and a good rear view whilst being very small and unobtrusive

The original prop stand was fine when the bike was unloaded - but with the panniers full it just wasnt up to the job. This Hebie bipod propstand was expensive but well worth it. Great quality and pretty light. Think a sturdy prop stand is an unecessary addition? Try one if you regularly load up your rear panniers and you will think again! Link to SJS: http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/category-Propstands-323.htm

And thats pretty much as I want it. The only thing that I now hanker after is one of those new Sturmey Archer 2 speed auto coaster hubs - hopefuly later in the year!

Cheers
Ian
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

I'm doing a short (4 day) tour in a couple of weeks and as the main point of it is to unwind and relax, I'm seriously thinking of riding my Dutch-style roadster. It's quite heavy and certainly not quick, but is very comfy and when I'm riding it, I just sort of switch off and enjoy the world passing slowly by.And it's easy to hop on and off if something takes your fancy.

"Quality miles",that's what I'm after! :)