Have you tried cycling in wellies?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

hubgearfreak wrote:you're bananas

MY bananas!
Dai

Post by Dai »

Si wrote:I'll see you your wellies and raise you a pair of wellies and a set of fishing rods strapped tot he top tube! A 12ft match road is excellent for bicycle jousting!

Whenever I'm riding along in my custard wellies I always take a fishing rod joust in case I meet a knight in armour. I take a keep-net as well for my marbles - wouldn't want to lose them would I?
Dai

Post by Dai »

No, no - I'm bandanas - it's R2 that works in the greengrocers
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Dai wrote:

No, no - I'm bandanas - it's R2 that works in the greengrocers

Green bandanas in the grocers? how much?

Si,
Match rod not long enough, better with 12m carbon pole.
-->----------- M/rod
-->-----------------------------------------------------C/pole
it s a bit of a begger if you get the tip stuck in a pothole though!!!!!!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Still remember riding my bike as a nipper, wearing my wellies. (10p fishing net strapped to bike, off to the local Brook)

Also remember my Mum having to rub Germolene into the back of my calves too, afterwards. :cry:
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I've never biked in Wellingtons but my dad flew in them during the war.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
Dai

Post by Dai »

bikepacker wrote:I've never biked in Wellingtons but my dad flew in them during the war.

My Uncle Harold was shot down in his - according to his diary it was the worst aircraft ever put together
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Isn't this MB wonderful! Now we're into The Second World War and the RAF!

Notice I didn't say "WW2", it's like saying "Jaws2" or "Singin' in the Rain2" or "Casablanca2". Or how's about "Brief Encounter2"?

Mick F. Cornwall
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

And now we are into American Films. It's a bit like a Radio 4 panel game.

By the way Dai your Uncle Harold may have been right. If you lost an engine the best you could hope for was that the other one would fly you to the scene of the crash.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
whoops

Post by whoops »

I had a brief encounter. The girl next door's washing blew over the fence in the recent storm! She didn't tumble it 'till she got home in the evening. Noisy machines, those driers.
Dai

Post by Dai »

Good job news at ten didn't find out about that otherwise we would have had flowery descriptions about how totally devastated you were when you witnessed the horrific flying gussets tumbling like exocet missile around your ears - over to you John.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

A mate of mine, up in Scouse Land was driving his van, when a shed came towards him, falling apart as went. It was closely followed by a rabbit hutch.

(He wasn't sure if the rabbit was in it at the time!)

Mick F. Cornwall
whoops

Post by whoops »

Dai wrote:Good job news at ten didn't find out about that otherwise we would have had flowery descriptions about how totally devastated you were when you witnessed the horrific flying gussets tumbling like exocet missile around your ears - over to you John.

I gusset was just a sign of the times. anyway what a much better way
way to keep your ears warm.
whoops

Post by whoops »

(He wasn't sure if the rabbit was in it at the time!)

Mick F. Cornwall[/quote]

Obviously a hare-raising experience at the time. I'm sure if tommy Cooper had been a passenger, it would have appeared! :roll: :roll:

Well Mick. It had to be said. You know it did. Come on, Admit it!
You could hardly expect a post like that to be ignored. After all, it is M[h]utch in line with this forums thinking.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I knew it wouldn't be ignored!

Fun Fun Fun,
All the way,
With CTC For-um!

Life's too short not to have a giggle now and then. But the story of the shed and the hutch is true!

Mick F. Cornwall