How's your wind?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

How's your wind?

Post by Mick F »

Wasn't too windy in The Valley, but you could hear it up in the hills.

Lots of damage up country, I believe, and still roads are closed, and people killed and injured. I missed the main news at 6, must tune in at 10. News.bbc.co.uk has quite a bit of a report. Ship sinking off LE.

I hope you cyclists are all ok, out there in CTC Forum Land.

Mick F. Cornwall
Dai

Post by Dai »

MId-Wales was fairly lucky this time but last week was awful - trees down, power off for 14 hours. The following day is dangerous as broken branches are still dropping out of the trees even though the weather's improved.
Lusting my Pinnarello

Post by Lusting my Pinnarello »

VERY BAd in South Yorkshire.... I also heard of the deaths... my heart goes out to all of them and their families.

When picking up the children from school - I never stopped looking at the sky for flying debrie. I never moved so fast to get home!!!
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

Garden wall down, and trees stripped in Sunny Streatham
Si

Post by Si »

The steeple blew off of the church where Mrs Si works - if it had gone the other way it would have lannded on a playground full of kids! Oh well, can't win them all :twisted:
nick

Post by nick »

sadly it was very bad, cycling in it was interesting.

two cycle courses were cancelled in the afternoon as trainees couldn't ride in it.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yesterday, a large tree "approx 40ft) decided it had had enough of being upright, and crashed through the front fences of three neighbours gardens. :shock:

Have heard the sound of chainsaws going all morning.
Andrew Mills

Post by Andrew Mills »

W. Norfolk section had to postpone a slideshow as a tree fell through the roof of the village hall.