What size is it?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dai

What size is it?

Postby Dai » 23 Jan 2007, 7:52pm

Just been looking at various ad mags - exchange and mart etc., and it amazed me how many of the advertisers had put cycles up for sale without bothering to include the size.

Where's the sense?

User avatar
Si
Moderator
Posts: 15020
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 7:37pm

Postby Si » 24 Jan 2007, 9:39am

Yep, annoying isn't it!

But, if you are looking at the ads like the ones in my local rags, then they are mostly from what some people unkindly term "POBs" rather than "Cyclists". They have little knowledge concerning bikes, and assume that they only come in two sizes: adult's or kid's.

Dai

Postby Dai » 24 Jan 2007, 10:08am

Yes you're right.

For sale: Adult's bike - black - little used. Also for sale adult's brain - grey/green - used less than the bike - £30 of nearest offer

jb
Posts: 877
Joined: 6 Jan 2007, 12:17pm
Location: Clitheroe

Postby jb » 24 Jan 2007, 10:12am

How many people would know how to size a bike? especially these funny modern frames.
Cheers
J Bro

Dai

Postby Dai » 24 Jan 2007, 10:31am

If I wanted to sell something I'd make it my business to provide as much info as possible - maybe that's just me

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 24 Jan 2007, 6:07pm

Car adds are worse whilst looking for a little Fietsa for my daughter some time ago I came across this:-
Ford Hubert peacefully in his sleep devoted husband ,and father.

whoops
Posts: 813
Joined: 7 Jan 2007, 11:01pm

Postby whoops » 24 Jan 2007, 10:27pm

I was looking for a Ford Fiesta for my daughter, but, unfortunately, no one accepted, so I had to pay CASH for one!

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 25 Jan 2007, 8:16am

whoops wrote:I was looking for a Ford Fiesta for my daughter, but, unfortunately, no one accepted, so I had to pay CASH for one!


Well suppose money speaks louder than words:0)

David
Posts: 127
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 5:13pm

Postby David » 25 Jan 2007, 9:08am

Si wrote:Yep, annoying isn't it!

But, if you are looking at the ads like the ones in my local rags, then they are mostly from what some people unkindly term "POBs" rather than "Cyclists". They have little knowledge concerning bikes, and assume that they only come in two sizes: adult's or kid's.


POBs ?

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 25 Jan 2007, 9:30am

David wrote:
Si wrote:Yep, annoying isn't it!

But, if you are looking at the ads like the ones in my local rags, then they are mostly from what some people unkindly term "POBs" rather than "Cyclists". They have little knowledge concerning bikes, and assume that they only come in two sizes: adult's or kid's.


POBs ?


Appently theres a difference between "cyclists" and people on bikes or POB's
PS POB's when I were a lad was broken up bread in milk!

Dai

Postby Dai » 25 Jan 2007, 9:43am

Wasn't Pob some sort of children's TV character in the 80s?

User avatar
Si
Moderator
Posts: 15020
Joined: 5 Jan 2007, 7:37pm

Postby Si » 25 Jan 2007, 10:38am

Dai wrote:Wasn't Pob some sort of children's TV character in the 80s?


are you sure that wasn't Bod? :)

Dai

Postby Dai » 25 Jan 2007, 10:41am

Ai you're right - sorry It's my aged and often windswept brain. And the rising damp.

User avatar
Mrs Tortoise
Posts: 453
Joined: 8 Jan 2007, 11:44pm
Location: Dorchester, Dorset

Re: What size is it?

Postby Mrs Tortoise » 25 Jan 2007, 11:55am

Dai wrote:Just been looking at various ad mags - exchange and mart etc., and it amazed me how many of the advertisers had put cycles up for sale without bothering to include the size.

Where's the sense?



Why is it that men are always obsessing about size ? :roll:

Dai

Postby Dai » 25 Jan 2007, 11:58am

It's because none of us are as big or clever as we think we are.