Not Feeling Too Good

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Not Feeling Too Good

Postby Mick F » 31 Jan 2007, 3:15pm

I've still got Man Flu, feeling rotten and snotty, and today I went down the Doc's. He says that I have Sinusitis. He's given me some antibiotics. A week's course.

NO ALCOHOL!

How'm I gonna manage?

Anyway, I've just cheered myself up with a nice order from Wiggle.

10% discount coz it's January. AND further £10 off if you order more than £100 worth and input a voucher number. (that they give you!)

I've saved £22!

I feel better already.

Mick F. Cornwall

Si

Postby Si » 31 Jan 2007, 3:29pm

Hope you feel better soon!

So, what you bought?

Dai

Postby Dai » 31 Jan 2007, 3:29pm

Shopohol - the new opium of the masses

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 31 Jan 2007, 3:42pm

I bought more bits for my project, My Bright Red Mixte.

I've built the front wheel (see other posts) and now it's the turn for the back.

Trouble is, I'm fitting Shimano (spits rudely!) Nexus 8sp. The front with Roller Brake was cheap enough, but the rear hub is NOT cheap. Also need sprocket and fitting kit.

I'm doing all this in slow-mo as funds allow ....

Mick F. Cornwall

Si

Postby Si » 31 Jan 2007, 3:45pm

I'm doing all this in slow-mo as funds allow ....

Oh yes, got that tee shirt, currently two and a half years into my fixed project and it's still, erm, not fixed :D

Kentish Man

Re: Not Feeling Too Good

Postby Kentish Man » 31 Jan 2007, 7:01pm

Mick F wrote:I've still got Man Flu, feeling rotten and snotty, and today I went down the Doc's. He says that I have Sinusitis. He's given me some antibiotics. A week's course.

NO ALCOHOL!

How'm I gonna manage?

Anyway, I've just cheered myself up with a nice order from Wiggle.

10% discount coz it's January. AND further £10 off if you order more than £100 worth and input a voucher number. (that they give you!)

I've saved £22!

I feel better already.

Mick F. Cornwall

Careful Mick, it's the first step on the primrose path etc. Next thing we know, you'll be on the box explaining how you ran up a thirty grand credit card bill because spending was your only pleasure when feeling low! "I just had to have the Gucci lime green and gold lame saddle bag with matching toe straps and bar tape. They were in a sale, reduced by 20%, only cost £3,000..."

Still, you have my sympathy, especially for the sinusitis and the prohibition!

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 31 Jan 2007, 7:18pm

MickF
Sorry to here your not so good.
If you've got the snots stop eating cheese and dairy products for a couple of weeks.Dairy turns your nose into a snot factory. :0-)---sniff sniff
Get well soon

Mrs Tortoise

Postby Mrs Tortoise » 31 Jan 2007, 8:15pm

reohn2 wrote:MickF
If you've got the snots stop eating cheese and dairy products for a couple of weeks.Dairy turns your nose into a snot factory. :0-)---sniff sniff
Get well soon

r2 is quite right re the dairy stuff, and also about get well soon!

Terry T

Postby Terry T » 31 Jan 2007, 9:19pm

reohn2 wrote:MickF
Get well soon

That would explain it then!

Dai

Postby Dai » 31 Jan 2007, 9:34pm

R2 is right about the dairy products Mick - I used to suffer terribly with sinus infections - I tried all the usual stuff, anti biotics, decongestants bla bla and then read an article on the internet - if I can find it I'll pass it on - regarding the problem. I changed to skimmed milk and cut down on cheese (use to eat a lot of that) and I use soft marg now instead of butter. I still have the odd bout of trouble but it's nowhere near as bad and far less frequent.
After a couple of days with skimmed milk you won't know the difference - not until someone gives you the other kind and then you find out how foul the full fat stuff really is.
Take care
Dai

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 1 Feb 2007, 9:23am

Thanks Dai, good info.

Just been chatting to Mrs Mick F, we/I don't use too much in the way of dairy products.

We do have butter on toast for breakfast, but Flora on sarnies for lunch and stuff. We don't eat cereal, and it's semi skimmed in tea and coffee. Although we eat cheese, it's not every day.

But I must say, the coffee I've just had did taste decidedly "nasal'! (and don't say I should change my brand!)

Antibiotics, Doxycycline, are working.

Mick F. Cornwall

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 1 Feb 2007, 7:25pm

Mick F wrote:Thanks Dai, good info.

Just been chatting to Mrs Mick F, we/I don't use too much in the way of dairy products.

We do have butter on toast for breakfast, but Flora on sarnies for lunch and stuff. We don't eat cereal, and it's semi skimmed in tea and coffee. Although we eat cheese, it's not every day.

But I must say, the coffee I've just had did taste decidedly "nasal'! (and don't say I should change my brand!)

Antibiotics, Doxycycline, are working.

Mick F. Cornwall

Well Mick at least theres cyclin' in those biotics off your aunti :0-)--