Winter Topics.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
CREPELLO

Winter Topics.

Post by CREPELLO »

I have seen a worrying tendency for posters to be enquiring about winter kit very early this year. Some threads started in mid August. Have folks been spooked by last winter and want to be fully equipped before the first snows. GET YER SNOW TYRES NOW, while stocks last!
crazydavid

Re: Winter Topics.

Post by crazydavid »

My post about chain guards was driven by the current lot of wet weather :)

The clocks go back in about 5 weeks time, I have just got my winter lights back on the bike to make sure that they are still working.

Regards

David
byegad

Post by byegad »

I've been training a team of Huskies since March with a view to them towing me around on my trike over the winter. The car has been traded in for a Skidoo and we have laid in 3 tons of coal and food for 4 months. This is a certain assurance of the hottest winter on record. :D
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

byegad wrote:This is a certain assurance of the hottest winter on record. :D

BBQ winter?
:D
Mick F. Cornwall
mark a.

Post by mark a. »

I've just been looking at winter tyres :(

I'm agree with the OP's reasoning. Last winter was fairly horrendous and getting winter tyres for both bike and cars was nigh on impossible when you needed them. So I might splurge on some this year early, guaranteeing a splendid, warm winter.

I'm also looking at bike lights again, which is also depressing.
byegad

Post by byegad »

Mick F wrote:
byegad wrote:This is a certain assurance of the hottest winter on record. :D

BBQ winter?
:D

Down there in the deep South you may need Air Conditioning. I'd also stock up on water before they declare a hosepipe ban before cutting you off and installing stand pipes. :D :D :D

I can dream. :D :D
"I thought of that while riding my bike." -Albert Einstein, on the Theory of Relativity

2007 ICE QNT
2008 Hase Kettwiesel AL27
2011 Catrike Trail
1951 engine
Ash28

Post by Ash28 »

Cheer up It's not even Autumn the leaves are still green. Anyway Autumn is one of the best times of year for cycling I love it. :D Oh cobblers better get the winter bike ready.
The Only Cyclist In The Village
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Ash28 wrote:Cheer up It's not even Autumn the leaves are still green.
It's Autumn here. The leaves are falling, and the one's that aren't are turning a distinct brownish-green.

First leaves to fall are usually Sycamore. Loads of them on the roads. Hazel is shrivelling too, as is the Birch and Beech. Oak tends to be last-ish.

Birch.JPG
Hazel.JPG
Mick F. Cornwall
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

As a shift worker (when not on the sick list due to blind drivers), cold wintery mornings can start quite early in autumn so always have the winter kit ready. After all it is usually only an extra couple of long sleeved tops and have plenty of those anyway. :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells