How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: How many forum members does it take to change a light bu

Post by Mick F »

I have to disagree completely with Skylist and his Rohloff bulb.
The Campagnolo 11sp system is far superior. It's silent in operation, smooth and powerful, and it gets admiring looks from all who see by it.

By using the double control unit as well as the 11sp variablity, you can swap power output at the flick of a switch, and if you use the wireless version you don't need any of those ugly wires.
Mick F. Cornwall
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

But the SA still has both beaten hands down. We'll never need more than three light settings anyway...

In winter many people just use one setting, and so don't bother with switches at all...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
syklist

Post by syklist »

Mick F wrote:I have to disagree completely with Skylist and his Rohloff bulb.
The Campagnolo 11sp system is far superior. It's silent in operation, smooth and powerful, and it gets admiring looks from all who see by it.

Style over substance :roll: , the perfect bulb for hipsters... Or would that the fixie light bulb, lightweight, hard to change once fitted and almost as expensive as a Rohloff bulb...
So long and thanks for all the fish...
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hipsters?
I used to wear them in the 60's.

How can hipsters have anything to do with changing a light bulb other than showing my bum when stretching up?
Mick F. Cornwall
syklist

Post by syklist »

Mick F wrote:Hipsters?
I used to wear them in the 60's.

How can hipsters have anything to do with changing a light bulb other than showing my bum when stretching up?

I think that things have moved on since your heyday. Watching you put on a pair of modern day hipsters would be interesting... :shock:

Mind you they might come in handy if you needed to change a light bulb :D
So long and thanks for all the fish...