Hey, it's snowing!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Si

Hey, it's snowing!

Post by Si »

Well, either that all they've finally pushed the button and it's fall-out.

OK, it's a pretty poor attempt at snow and it's not sticking, but it's the nearest to winter that Brum has seen this year. Hope it can hold out until 7pm when I'm going riding :D
Guy

Post by Guy »

You actually LIKE riding in that stuff? Egad!

Tell yer what, I'll have a word with Big Fella Him Upstairs In Clouds and see if he'll give you Bedfordshires' quota an' all. Snow is the last thing I want to see. Bleurgh :|
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Damn! Hope it doesn't make the seven mile journey over to here?

I wish clouds would use "Head and Shoulders" instead of cheap normal shampoo.
Jac

Post by Jac »

You can keep the snow in Birmingham.
Its sunny here in Lincolnshire - and for once its not windy - lovely day for a ride
Si

Post by Si »

Guy wrote:You actually LIKE riding in that stuff? Egad!

Oh yes, when I'm on the right bike for it, and going for a pleasure ride so can return home at any time I feel like it. It'll make a refreshing change to the Sutton Park mudscape :D .
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Brilliant sunshine in the Manchester Liverpool Warrington conurbation area thingy wassit place. :)
Si

Post by Si »

Brilliant sun here too, snow's a gone, bugger, poo :cry:
ThomasDylan

Post by ThomasDylan »

when I lived in nortern Sweden, one of my favourite winter rides was to wait until full moon, then go out on the snow packed roads into the forest. After a while, no lights were needed, as the moonlight was so brightly reflected off the ground. A bit spooky at first, but I soon got used to it. No special tyres needed either, as they gritted (not salted) the paths.

Didn't wear lycra on those rides ;-)
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Si wrote:Brilliant sun here too, snow's a gone, bugger, poo :cry:

I suppose that's what happens?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

ThomasDylan wrote:when I lived in nortern Sweden, one of my favourite winter rides was to wait until full moon, then go out on the snow packed roads into the forest. After a while, no lights were needed, as the moonlight was so brightly reflected off the ground. A bit spooky at first, but I soon got used to it. No special tyres needed either, as they gritted (not salted) the paths.

Didn't wear lycra on those rides ;-)

You lucky wassname, theres something about snow.I think its coz we don't get much so the novelty doesn't wear off.
ThomasDylan

Post by ThomasDylan »

reohn2 wrote: You lucky wassname, theres something about snow.I think its coz we don't get much so the novelty doesn't wear off.

By the end of April, when spring should've arrived, there was still two foot of snow on the ground, the novelty had definitely worn off :-)

(it had arrived the previous October!)