New forum member says good morning!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
turbo hamster

New forum member says good morning!

Post by turbo hamster »

This is to introduce myself to the forum community. I joined CTC 2 years ago, but have never been to any events or rides. I plan to put that right this year, though. I live in the West Midlands.

My cycling consists of: shopping and other local trips; triathlon; half-day rides; and plan to do first 10m TT this summer.

Last year, I passed my advanced driving test and became a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists. This is my contribution to improving safety on the roads.

I am looking forwards to becoming immersed in this forum and getting to know the regulars.

Good morning, everyone.
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

Welcome :D You could try the Intro Thread, most of the regulars are there, and you'll get a rough idea of the complexity of the posters.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

A snowy West Mids welcome to you. :D
turbo hamster

Post by turbo hamster »

Cheers, Terry T, I have found the Intro thread now.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Welcome Turbo!

Me too, I'm a member of the IAM. Passed my advanced test in '88.

I passed my Cycling Proficiency Test in the mid 60s, why isn't there an Advanced Cycling Test?

Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hi turbo, good to hear from you,the more the merrier :0)
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Welcome turbo, watch this lot, they're all mad but me! :shock:
1 cog short of a bike

Post by 1 cog short of a bike »

Turbo Hamster, good handle. :lol: I'm new to the forum too. I've been cycling since I was about 5 and have always owned a bike, so about 42 years in the sadle.

I've been a member of the CTC for a few years and have been out on rides with the North Surrey group on a Sunday from Woking. I must say nothing beats the Surrey hills on a sunny day with a decent tea stop. Very civilised :D

I now commute daily to my local railway station and I've been doing this since May last year, I even managed today in the snow although by road because the cycle path does not get gritted.

My wife and I did the Woking Bikeathon last year for leukaemia research and plan to do this year as we really enjoyed it.

I hope you enjoy the CTC as much as I do :)
Dai

Post by Dai »

Welcome butty