Problems wiht Finances

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
The Mechanic

Problems wiht Finances

Post by The Mechanic »

I have to admit it but I am one of the 51% (Ref. Radio 4 You and Yours) of the UK population that has financial problems. My problem is related to the fact that my wife wont let me spend anything, especially on bike related stuff :(
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
tonythompson

Re: Problems wiht Finances

Post by tonythompson »

I have a similar problem except my wife doesn't mind me spending money on bicycles if there is any money left over after she has been shopping that is.

Anyway what do they know, can you believe she thinks 12 bicycle is more than enough for one person ha.
Crossed Oz Perth to Adelaide to highlight Barrett's Disease http://www.tonystravels.com
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

My wife supports my bicycle habit. I've 5 bikes and 4 of them are in the house. She's happy with that so long as they are spotlessly clean and match the decor.She dusts them for me.
My financial problem is that I don't enjoy spending money except on bikes apart from the occasional meal out.
jonty
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

You mean - you make her buy her own dusters?
I'm impressed!
One way or 'tother :lol:
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The Mechanic wrote:I have to admit it but I am one of the 51% (Ref. Radio 4 You and Yours) of the UK population that has financial problems. My problem is related to the fact that my wife wont let me spend anything, especially on bike related stuff :(

The Rules (read and then inwardly digest)
1)The female always makes the rules
2)The rules are subject to change at any time and without notice
3)No male can posibly know all the rules
4)If the female suspects the male knows all the rules she immediately changes them
5)The female is never wrong
6)If the female is wrong its due to a misunderstanding which is a direct result of something the male did or said wrong
7)If rule 6 applies,the male must apologise immediately for causing the misunderstanding
8 )The female may change her mind at any time.
9)The male isn't allowed to change his mind without the express permission of the female
10)The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time
11)The male must remain calm at all times
12)The female must under no circumstances let the male know whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset
13)The male is expected to be a mind reader
14)The male who doesn't abide by the rules can't take the heat,lacks backbone and is a wimp
15)Any attempt to document the rules could lead to bodily harm
16)If the female has PMT all rules are null and void
17)The female is ready when she is ready!
18) The male must be ready at all times.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
tonythompson

Post by tonythompson »

Jonty wrote:My wife supports my bicycle habit. I've 5 bikes and 4 of them are in the house. She's happy with that so long as they are spotlessly clean and match the decor.She dusts them for me.
My financial problem is that I don't enjoy spending money except on bikes apart from the occasional meal out.
jonty

Wow what a lucky guy you are - just wondered is it the bike that you take out for dinner?
Told HTMBO that I've just bought a Cadillac which got her excited wait until she sees it's another ***** bike - a Fridrich's Cadillac :D
Crossed Oz Perth to Adelaide to highlight Barrett's Disease http://www.tonystravels.com
pedal-pusher

Post by pedal-pusher »

reohn!! lmao at "the rules" :lol: :lol:
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/VickyandPhil
groveller

Post by groveller »

RE, rehon the rules.
18b THE STOKER MUST BE OBEYED AT ALL TIMES WITHOUT QUESTION.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

groveller wrote:RE, rehon the rules.
18b THE STOKER MUST BE OBEYED AT ALL TIMES WITHOUT QUESTION.

Unless she's* wrong wherebye she needn't be obeyd,but if to rule 5 is just casually glimpsed in passing, one realises immediately that rule 18b is valid.

*if the stoker is male the rule is reversed automatically.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden