Helmet Row

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Philip Benstead

Helmet Row

Post by Philip Benstead »

Helmet Row.gif
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
nosmo king

Re: Helmet Row

Post by nosmo king »

Is that row as in "Row row row your boat" or row as in argument over the benefits of wearing/not wearing one! :wink:
fimm

Post by fimm »

:shock:
Brilliant!
:lol:
Of course it's a race...
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

When I saw the pic I did a google maps search to find it and three are listed. It says we have one in Leeds :D I did a streetview and the line for that street (is there an offical name for that imaginary line in streetview?) just diasappears into some bushes. I checked the the local A-Z and it's not listed.

So, the good news is, we've disposed of the Helmet Row, round here, at least! :wink:
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

thirdcrank wrote:I did a streetview and the line for that street (is there an offical name for that imaginary line in streetview?) just diasappears into some bushes.

i understand that every mapmaker includes a fingerprint, whereby anyone who plagiarises their work can easily be found out. maybe helmet row in leeds is an example of one?

when i was a white arrow driver, the highlight of my dreadful job was to find one
gaz

Post by gaz »

thirdcrank wrote:So, the good news is, we've disposed of the Helmet Row, round here, at least! :wink:

Are you sure?

The streetview line seems to be headed up Gordon Drive/Helmet Row. At the end of Gordon Drive streetview shows a few houses under development, admitedly not in the direction of the line.

Could this be Helmet Row?
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Former jobs...? Helmet rows....? Fingerprints....?
I'm in there - click on it and pick me out.
I'm in there - click on it and pick me out.

gaz

I'll put on my deerstalker and check it out. It's an area where my mother used to live in the 1930's. Terrace houses surrounding awhat used to be a tannery. There looks to have been a lot of development there.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Fingerprints, DNA, they'll be no good as evidence. Take your camera.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade