Osama Bin swimming.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Nutsey

Re: Osama Bin swimming.

Post by Nutsey »

+1 jonty

Liberal guilt cracks me up. You get bombed and then say "yes well it IS my fault afterall :| "

The solutions are even funnier :lol:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I saw an interview on the TV recently given by a senior officer of the Irish Rangers in Afganistan. He said that they were now making considerable progress due to a change of stategy. When asked what that strategy was he explained that it consisted of several elements but the main change was that they were now killing the Taliban at every opportunity, especially their commanders.
This it seems was proving "highly" effective.
The role of the infantry man is to "seek, find, and kill the enemy". It's not to wait until they call and then have tea with them. Soldiers aren't social workers.
We have to realize that people who can hijack a plane full of women and children and then use it as a missile are capable of anything and will stop at nothing.
And neither should we.
jonty
LANDSURFER74

Post by LANDSURFER74 »

HUZZAH Jonty. Nice to see there is someone else with a sense of reality on this site ....

Sooo, ... thats you , me and Nutsey so far...
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

LANDSURFER74 wrote:HUZZAH Jonty. Nice to see there is someone else with a sense of reality on this site ....

Sooo, ... thats you , me and Nutsey so far...

Do any of you three have sons or daughters in Afganistan?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Freddie wrote:http://vimeo.com/13726978 <- This is an interesting film (though the first 10 mins can be skipped), which gives another angle on the whole state of world affairs including 7/11, Osama etc. Not to say I think it is entirely unbiased, but then nor is that which comes out of our TV's. The reported truth is a thing of shades.

Over the past few days, I've seen Arabic and Islamic experts get shot down on every channel for insinuating that Bin Laden did things to help the situation in that part of the world (whether consciously or not). Of course, the man must be pure and unremitting evil, lest the house of cards fall flat. I've also seen a former senior advisor to Pakistan suggesting there was some kind of strategic advantage to America and perhaps Pakistan to taking out Bin Laden when they did, this of course was shut down by American analysts and their evil rhetoric. I think they wonder why we're not we're not chanting U S A in the streets over here.

I doubt we'll ever get half truths from the mass media on the issue, just part, mis and non-truths, such is the level of obfuscation and deliberate angle that the news has today.

One thing that did make me proud to be British was a Welsh woman whose son was killed in the London 2005 bombings being interviewed who said whilst she was glad Bin Laden was dead, firstly she didn't want more bloodshed and secondly was more worried about reprisals than whether he was dead in the first instance. It's nice to know we haven't completely given ourselves over to hate and being led by the nose like our chanting cousins.

Well said sir,I heard the same interview.
It seems to me people are very good at pointing fingers and sending other folks sons and daughters off to war but not very good at doing it themselves.
I've never been to war and I don't ever want to,much less than to line the pockets businessmen like George Bush senior and junior or our ver own Tony Blair, who's business interests are in oil,and weapons manufacturing.
Its as I said in previous post, who sarted it all in the first place and why if not for profit.
Who is truly evil if not such people as those.
W H Auden
meic

Post by meic »

One down, three to go?
Yma o Hyd
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

It must be positive news that the person behind 9/11 has been dealt with?

Terrorist (organisers) will learn that if they kill and maim indescriminately, then the West is prepared to spend however long it takes to hunt them down. That is a good message to give.

RIP 9/11, 7/7 victims, Madrid etc. My thoughts are with them, not some clearly evil person being taken out in a compound. Good ridance to him.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Nutsey wrote:+1 jonty

Liberal guilt cracks me up. You get bombed and then say "yes well it IS my fault afterall :| "

The solutions are even funnier :lol:

Isn't that what years of the liberal left ideology of the BBC has done to the spirit of the British people ?
LANDSURFER74

Post by LANDSURFER74 »

reohn2 ...

"Do any of you three have sons or daughters in Afganistan?"
No, but i fought in Northern Ireland and the Falklands, severe injuries in Belfast after we where car bombed on patrol , so think i have a feel for this ... And a son that served in the Balkan war and Iraq ...
pete75

Post by pete75 »

There is , of course, no proof that he is dead. No body, no pictures , no evidence of any kind ....
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
irc

Post by irc »

reohn2 wrote:Its as I said in previous post, who sarted it all in the first place and why if not for profit.

I'm not aware that involvement in Afgahnistan has profited the west. We only went in there after 9/11 though. How many thousands of innocent people need to be killed before you think killing terrorists is acceptable?
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

LANDSURFER74 wrote:reohn2 ...

"Do any of you three have sons or daughters in Afganistan?"
No, but i fought in Northern Ireland and the Falklands, severe injuries in Belfast after we where car bombed on patrol , so think i have a feel for this ... And a son that served in the Balkan war and Iraq ...

Then you'll know pointlessness of war other than to dominate other cultures or people.
You'll also know that the roll of the British army in the Balkans was stop genocide as one faction sought to anihilate another.
I had a brother who fought in Burma in the '60's after which he would never stand for the national anthem,I follow on with that tradition.
W H Auden
meic

Post by meic »

irc wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Its as I said in previous post, who sarted it all in the first place and why if not for profit.

I'm not aware that involvement in Afghanistan has profited the west. We only went in there after 9/11 though. How many thousands of innocent people need to be killed before you think killing terrorists is acceptable?

He wasnt killed to prevent him from killing any civilians, was he?
Yma o Hyd
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

irc wrote:

I'm not aware that involvement in Afgahnistan has profited the west. We only went in there after 9/11 though

Why didn't we destroy the poppy crop? when 70% of the worlds class A poppy derived recreational drugs originates from Afganistan?
Why didn't we just buy the crop and produce Morphine?
Why didn't we help the farmers by putting the roads in so they could go back to growing their once sought after and highly prized crop of Melon.

Checkout the mineral wealth of Afganistan.

We only went in there after 9/11 though

Yeah after the Russians had failed and left and the French before them.

How many thousands of innocent people need to be killed before you think killing terrorists is acceptable?
[/quote]
I am no way condoning what terrorists have done or are doing,I am simply asking you to ask who started the ball rolling and why?
You may be familiar with the Biblical term "you reap what you sow"
We in the west have been fed a catalogue of lies by the authorities,I ask you to question the authorities,and also ask who gains from Iraq and Afganistan,it won't be you're average Joe.
Look at the business interests of the US Presidents who were in office when both Iraq wars and Afganistan war started,who equiped Saddam Hussain with weapons conventional and gas? weapons which were used to kill US and British soldiers.
I'm askng you to look at the bigger picture!
W H Auden
irc

Post by irc »

meic wrote:
irc wrote:

I'm not aware that involvement in Afghanistan has profited the west. We only went in there after 9/11 though. How many thousands of innocent people need to be killed before you think killing terrorists is acceptable?

He wasnt killed to prevent him from killing any civilians, was he?

We don't know what future plans he had. His track record suggests he most likely was planning further atrocities. So his death may well have saved lives.

There are two possibilities. Either he was resisting and therefore chose to die. Or he was executed. Either is fine by me. The USA has killed dozens (at least) of terrorists in drone attacks. This is just another way of doing it. IMO the USA's policy of killing terrorists is correct. Others of course may disagree.
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?