Things I wish someone would make

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jonty

Re: Things I wish someone would make

Post by Jonty »

Comfortable underpants which do not need constant readjusting.
jonty
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

A field generator which binds free electrons. So if a car gets too close, it's engine conks out.
Failing that, my personal forcefield.
Nettled Shin

Post by Nettled Shin »

How about bolt-on drops for straight handlebars. Or side extensions for drop handlebars for when the going gets tricky.

I'd also like to see tritium paint used on gear shifters so you can see their setting in the dark.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Freehub dynamo, preferably with a clutch...

So you have a lever which you can pull to disengage the pawls and allow stationary gear changes.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
richards

Post by richards »

How about a battery powered electromagnet for getting bearings out of wheels and BB when servicing them? And for finding and picking them off the floor when I lose one.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

richards wrote:How about a battery powered electromagnet for getting bearings out of wheels and BB when servicing them? And for finding and picking them off the floor when I lose one.

Take the magnets out of an old Hard disc drive and pop one onto a screw driver it'll pick the balls up beatuifully

:D
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

I'd like a machine that zaps the phone system of these nerds that keep pestering me with "Regarding your accident blah blah blah" and all the other junk phone calls we get :evil:

Oooh I do feel better after that :lol: :lol:
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Nettled Shin

Post by Nettled Shin »

ferrit worrier wrote:Take the magnets out of an old Hard disc drive and pop one onto a screw driver it'll pick the balls up beatuifully

You'll have magnetic balls after doing that.
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

Nettled Shin wrote:How about bolt-on drops for straight handlebars.

linkety link
Nettled Shin

Post by Nettled Shin »

hubgearfreak wrote:
Nettled Shin wrote:How about bolt-on drops for straight handlebars.

linkety link

Well , I never. That's why this thread is so useful. SJS provide wonderfully large images of their products, but I can't make out what is going regarding the cable routing in the tiny pics.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

A non-cycling thing I should like would be a device which monitored the volume of the television and when it was increased by the transmitter at breaks between programmes (are they trying to remain audible to people who have gone off into the kitchen or to get through to people who have mentally switched off? :evil: ) and then sent a loud noise direct to the big wigs of the organisation responsible. Ideally, it would sent an electric shock but that's probably a step too far. :twisted:
alicej

Post by alicej »

thirdcrank wrote:A non-cycling thing I should like would be a device which monitored the volume of the television and when it was increased by the transmitter at breaks between programmes (are they trying to remain audible to people who have gone off into the kitchen or to get through to people who have mentally switched off? :evil: ) and then sent a loud noise direct to the big wigs of the organisation responsible. Ideally, it would sent an electric shock but that's probably a step too far. :twisted:

:lol: yeah I need one of those too. You might also like this which I got for my mum recently http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php - be sure to get the European version for use in the UK.
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

Am I the only one dreaming of a pint of Diet Stella Artois at only 1 calorie per pint with exactly the same taste and strength even though it includes added vitamins, super fish oil and Glucosamine and Chondroitin?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

alicej wrote: ... You might also like this ...

I have a zapper http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-All-URC6210 ... 11&sr=1-52
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

I wish someone would make a nice looking, reasonably priced rear brake drop-bolt/bracket.