Most Embarrassing Moments

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jonty

Most Embarrassing Moments

Post by Jonty »

What have been your most embarrassing moments? I've had so many it's difficult to choose. Once I congratulated a female work colleague on being pregnant only to find out that she wasn't.
Once at a Public Enquiry I asked this young woman who seemed to be doing nothing in particular "Are you Jonathan's planning assistant", to which she replied "No, I'm his Chief Executive".
The most memorable was when I decided to cook breakfast for my girlfriend. I decided on a fry-up and I donned an apron to protect my sensitive bits from flying fat.
The door bell rang. It was the milkman holding two bottles of milk. I turned round to find money to pay him forgetting that I was naked at the rear except for a ribbon around my waist securing the apron.
I heard a shreak and two bottle of milk crashed on the doorstep.
jonty
DaveP

Re: Most Embarrassing Moments

Post by DaveP »

You didn't complain about your homophobic milkman?
:shock:
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
meic

Post by meic »

Launching my sister's young nephew into the air, only to hear a sickening bang as his head hit a joist. I was only 18 at the time but I can still hear that thump and feel the shockwave that came down through my arms.

Throwing a "pick pocket" against a wall and threatening to kill him if he didnt give my wallet back, only to discover it was still there.

Nearly crashing my motorbike into a Volvo that I hadnt seen coming and forcing him off the road to avoid killing me (with my 8 yr old son on the back.)

Every time I admit I used to be in the army and supported Thatcher.

the list is never ending. :oops:
Yma o Hyd
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

meic wrote: and supported Thatcher.
I used to support Blair :oops: :oops: ....

for about four months...
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Being told by my GP, who was examining me 'from behind', "Try giving a gentle push as if you are trying to pass a stool." I did as he instructed. And yes, I did :oops:

I think that's where the old saying "Never look back" comes from :oops:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

GrahamNR17 wrote:Being told by my GP, who was examining me 'from behind', "Try giving a gentle push as if you are trying to pass a stool." I did as he instructed. And yes, I did :oops:

That's really embarrassing? Did you offer to clean it up?
jonty
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

Jonty wrote:
jonty
No, that was really embarrassing. Perhaps one for your Americanism thread - the tendency to state everything as if it were a question, vocal inflection rising at the end of every sentence? Well, it sounds american to me?
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

CREPELLO wrote:
Jonty wrote:
jonty
No, that was really embarrassing. Perhaps one for your Americanism thread - the tendency to state everything as if it were a question, vocal inflection rising at the end of every sentence? Well, it sounds american to me?

Are you sure? How interesting?
jonty
karlt

Post by karlt »

It's more an Australian thing.
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

Jonty wrote:That's really embarrassing?

Jonty old bean you would appear to be slipping. A question mark following a statement, how could you do such a thing?
Is this another embarrassing moment?
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
Nutsey

Post by Nutsey »

GrahamNR17 wrote:Being told by my GP, who was examining me 'from behind', "Try giving a gentle push as if you are trying to pass a stool." I did as he instructed. And yes, I did :oops:

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than this. This makes me feel relatively unembarrassing :lol:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Nutsey wrote:

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than this. This makes me feel relatively unembarrassing :lol:

The only thing which approaches this for me was when I was seventeen and I inadvertedly passed wind when getting up from a cinema seat in front of my new georgeous first-date "girlfriend".
I turned red with embarrassment, as I did in those days, but she thought it highly amusing, which helped a lot.
jonty
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Jonty wrote:

jonty

The nurse cleaned up. I haven't been back to that GP since :oops:
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Jonty wrote:The only thing which approaches this for me was when I was seventeen and I inadvertedly passed wind when getting up from a cinema seat in front of my new georgeous first-date "girlfriend".
I turned red with embarrassment, as I did in those days, but she thought it highly amusing, which helped a lot.
jonty

:lol: Bet it taught you alot about timing :lol:
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Too many esp on a Maternity unit.
Picture the scene; young woman arrives in labour with accompanying gentleman, he was ushered into the delivery room with his 'wife' only for him to hastily point out he was only the taxi driver! :lol:

Or when the young lady is accompanied by obviously much older man, it is easy to assume her father has brought her in..........!
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells