Priorities

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ambodach

Priorities

Post by ambodach »

Currently involved in a squabble regarding visitors to an area regarding whether they should tell locals how to behave (or something like that). Listening to the news the A9 has been shut at Drumochter for at least 6 hours,the snowgates are shut north of Tyndrum,the A83 is still shut overnight at Rest and be Thankful,the 828 is shut at Benderloch,the Tay Bridges are completely shut,there are no trains north of Inverness and the snowgates are all shut on the usual suspects in the Cairngorms and almost finally Cal Mac has gone off and pulled the duvet over its collective head. There are too many closures to list really. I'm off to bed now with the duvet pulled well up. Goodnight.
thirdcrank

Re: Priorities

Post by thirdcrank »

Yup. I could well imagine that anybody stuck in snow on the A9 might be attracted by The Road To the Isles. They do say that Tiree is the sunniest place in the UK, and I presume there must be some benefit from the gulf stream.

Just remember, worse things happen at sea. (Listen to the shipping forecast if you are in doubt.)

Anyway, don't think that those of us in more temperate climes ( :roll: ) don't sympathise. We are a minimum of sixty miles from the sea in any direction, but whenever the weather was bad, my children used to report that they had been singing "Peril" in assembly. As David Cameron says "We are all in it together" so don't take a cycling forum too seriously.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Priorities

Post by Mick F »

It's grim up north. Sorry to hear it.

Having lived in Scotland for some years - both east and west - it's a way of life up there. Not that Scotland is unique - some of the English northern areas can be as bad, if not worse.

We aren't too bad down here, mild in comparison to the Highlands of Scotland, but the weather is rather rubbish and although we don't have any roads blocked, we do have mud and slime that make some of the backroads impassible unless you have a 4x4. If it snows then freezes, we're as stuck and anyone anywhere else.
Mick F. Cornwall