Location, locaction, location

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Pagan

Post by Pagan »

No KIDDING!!

We did a Trough Ride last year, and are planning on repeating it this year late september... Bowland is NOT a place to mess with! :D

Mind you, I live not a million miles from there in deepest Pennineshire, but not abroad in Lancashire.. ;)
Mike Rodgers

Post by Mike Rodgers »

Ain't you got no trees?

Well, ok, maybe a few. This is our house, peeping out.
Mind you, we planted most of these ourselves.

Mike

BTW: How do you get it to say "MickF said" or whoever?
Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. - Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle".
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Mike Rodgers wrote:BTW: How do you get it to say "MickF said" or whoever?

Mike

In the top right hand corner of the post you want to quote, is a button labelled <quote>

Click on that and it brings up a new post screen, containing the whole of that post with 'quote' in square brackets at the start and finish. You can add to that outside the words 'quote' or edit it between them e.g. you can delete bits you don't want to quote. It's best to check with the preview button before you post, just to be sure you have got what you wanted, especially if there is a hierarchy of quotes within quotes.
GeoffL

Post by GeoffL »

thirdcrank wrote:In the top right hand corner of the post you want to quote, is a button labelled <quote>

Alternatively, you can add quotes by hand. Each quoted block must start and end with a [quote] tag thus:

[quote]What you want to quote[/quote]

Note the slash in the closing tag. The above block appears like this:
What you want to quote

If you want to attribute the quote to a forum member or outside source, you can include it thus:

[
HTH and (BTW) I live a few miles down the valley from Mick :)

Geoff
cjenn

Post by cjenn »

we've sufficient trees round here (predominance of oaks) to furnish H VIII with a new fleet. wish i had a dgital instead of 3 SLR'S.

angus

not to mention the sleek black things on 4 hoofs.
cjenn

Post by cjenn »

yoiks ! brain not functioning. for OAK read BEECH. so no fleet, but wonderful avenues/ back-roads of thick fresh green foliage.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We've actually got too many trees. 10 years ago, when we moved into this place from further up the hill, we could see down the valley. We can't see 100 yds now!

I'm doing my best, we have a couple of acres of woodland, I cut my own to heat our water and radiators, even cook with it! But trees just grow and grow and grow.

In the old days, up until the 1950's, these valley sides were bare, the place was filled with an industrial landscape - mining and the like - and soft fruit, flowers and vegetables. Produce used to go down the river, or the "modern" railway to Plymouth, and thence to Covent Garden to be shipped all over the world. All gone now.

Trees have taken over .....
Mick F. Cornwall