Staying up late

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Burscough Girl

Staying up late

Post by Burscough Girl »

As some of you may know, Mick F is doing this support thing for for a bunch of cyclists doing LE JOG in just 5 days. This means that it's my turn to be home alone. So far, so good! I've managed a party, a BBQ and on Thursday, I'm going on a shopping trip,(We women do our best to manage)

Meanwhile, poor Mick F and the team are cycling/following in all weathers and for very long hours.

I'm used to staying up late, being a night bird, but Mick isn't, so you can imagine what a shock to the system it must be, knowing that at 11pm tonight, they were still on the road!

I'm certain that Mick will have tales to tell on his return, but given the sleep he'll have to catch up with, heaven only knows how long it will take to hear them! I wonder how many installments there will be........

No doubt, if he could, he'd being saying a big "Hello" to all of you out there in cycle land.

Mick's back on Saturday night, so he'll be in touch soon.

TTFN Burscough Girl
diapason

Post by diapason »

LEJOG in five days! to my ancient bones that's madness. If I ever get fit enough :? I'll plan on at least a fortnight - even better, three weeks!

Hope it all goes well. I was deep in the land of nod at 11.00 last night :lol:

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
vernon

Post by vernon »

diapason wrote:LEJOG in five days! to my ancient bones that's madness. If I ever get fit enough :? I'll plan on at least a fortnight - even better, three weeks!

Hope it all goes well. I was deep in the land of nod at 11.00 last night :lol:

N

Five days is madness though not as insane as gethin Butler's 44 hours.

I did it in a relaxed 17 days - just right with enough time to spare to savour views and chat to the locals.
dodger

Post by dodger »

No wonder he's been quiet for a bit. It's unusual to open a forum and not find him contributing. I put it down to retiring to early.
2Tubs

Post by 2Tubs »

Bloomin' eck.

I bet even Mr F is glad he's driving the van and not cycling >;o)

I cycled it in 13 days. Next time I do it I'll use more, not less time!

Gazza
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.
Burscough Girl

Going to bed early

Post by Burscough Girl »

My last call from Mick F last night was half after midnight! We've been married nearly 34 years and I don't remember the last time Mick managed to stay up that late 4 nights on the trot (or on the bounce as my brother-in-law would say)

By the time he returns, he'll probably be in bed by 7pm for a few weeks! Yes, he's certainly missing his sleep! Early to bed, early to rise...that's Mick.

Seriously though, those cyclists have had a rough time. LEJOG in 5 days is punishing enough, without the awful Bank Holiday weather we've had. At one point, as I understand it, 30 odd miles from Bristol, for the first nights stop, there were diversions due to fallen trees. This was discovered about 10pm, so as you can imagine morale was a bit low.

Never mind, it'll all be over soon, and Mick will be able to have a few pints, a good old chin-wag and lots of early nights!

TTFN
Burscough Girl
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I'm back, tired and emotional .....

Take a look at: http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6248
Mick F. Cornwall