reprints from film negatives

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: reprints from film negatives

Postby rjb » 4 Sep 2012, 10:26pm

After some unsuccesful attempts at scanning 35 mm slides i found some info on the web about using a cardboard box and a camera. The photo shows whats involved and the results were quite successful. The light source is the sky and the white diffuser covering the slide is cut from a white poly bag. Photo software usually allows inversion of negatives to posatives.

DSCF0211.JPG
click to enlarge
At the last count:- Focus Variado, Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D

bigjim

Postby bigjim » 5 Sep 2012, 11:05pm

When I was a Pro Photographer [many years ago] I used these people http://www.lab35imaging.com/reprint.html. They are still going. They will probably scan it to disc or e-mail it to you if you ask as a jpeg.
Nothing left to prove.

mig

Postby mig » 8 Oct 2012, 7:47pm

just a quick re-visit to this thread.

mr freeflow sir you have made someone in my family very happy for reasons outlined via PM. a very gentlemanly & human gesture for which i am truly grateful.