March Alphabet Pics, Z-A

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
gaz

March Alphabet Pics, Z-A

Post by gaz »

In a shameless rip-off of rjb's February alphabet pics thread here's the next edition but this time we'll go backwards. Post pics of anything with your bike in it. There are only Two rules:

Rule 1: No repeating of the pictures or subjects used in the February thread.

Rule 2: On 1st March we start with Z, 2nd March Y, 3rd March X, ... 26th March A. On the 27th we get to pat each other on the back and say well done one and all.

The aim remains to motivate you to get on your bike and see what's out there. Anyone can join in, the more the merrier.

Good luck.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: March Alphabet Pics, Z-A

Post by Mick F »

OK by me.
I've got a new Z ready, just need to get off my bum and go and get it!
Mick F. Cornwall
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

I might even get involved in this one ... as long as work, the weather, a cold & a dodgy gall bladder don't get in the way too much ! :roll: :D
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

And your bike has to be in the picture. ??????? :?:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Ray

Post by Ray »

cycleruk wrote:And your bike has to be in the picture. ??????? :?:

Seems like a good idea. But is this to prove you were there, or to show off your bike? Don't think we need to be hard and fast about this, though. It might not always be possible - 'Oooh, look at that skein of geese!' - and, anyway, there's a limit to the attractions of gazing repeatedly at, well, even at a red Mercian :roll:

Ray
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
rjb

Post by rjb »

Got an appointment at the community cafe tomorrow :D , but searching on the internet for a Z en-route has been fruitless :(
Will get Mrs rjb to keep her eye's peeled. :shock:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
gaz

Post by gaz »

Indeed so.
gaz wrote:... Post pics of anything with your bike in it. ...

A fundamental condition rather than a rule. :wink:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

It's taken me all day :roll: but now thought of my Z for tomorrow :D

Nothing special, I have to admit... but still a Z!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I was down the pub earlier and the (Cornish) barmaid's name begins with a Z.
I asked her if she was working tomorrow so she could hold my bike whilst I took a photograph. She loves the idea, especially as I told her the reason! :D

Trouble is, she's not working tomorrow. :oops:
Mick F. Cornwall
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

Well Mick I guess you could always pop round to her house on your ride for a quick... errrr... photo?
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Ray wrote:

Seems like a good idea. But is this to prove you were there, or to show off your bike? Don't think we need to be hard and fast about this, though. It might not always be possible - 'Oooh, look at that skein of geese!' - and, anyway, there's a limit to the attractions of gazing repeatedly at, well, even at a red Mercian :roll:

Ray

On an earlier thread of this type, some folks just posted pictures they had obtained from the internet, all very well but the object of the thread is to encourage people to get their bike out and ride to an object of that particular days letter. So I'd say having at least one picture of your bike at the chosen location is what the thread is about. Similar threads such as the bridges A to Z took me on some very pleasant day rides.

There is nothing stopping anyone from starting another thread such as A to Z of nice photos without a bike in them and without the requirement to go out on your bike. :D

Can't say I've noticed a red Mercian creeping into any of the photos. :lol:
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Does Zero miles so far for the month count? :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Callington town centre earlier this morning.
I've come back freezing cold - heck of a windchill out there!

Z for Zebra Crossing!
Zebra Crossing.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Ray

Post by Ray »

beachcomber wrote:On an earlier thread of this type, some folks just posted pictures they had obtained from the internet, all very well but the object of the thread is to encourage people to get their bike out and ride to an object of that particular days letter. So I'd say having at least one picture of your bike at the chosen location is what the thread is about. Similar threads such as the bridges A to Z took me on some very pleasant day rides.

I quite agree that the thread should be about pictures taken on today's bike ride, and the incentive this may give us to get out more and try and be more observant. Having your bike in the picture is absolutely (am I allowed to use this word ? :wink: - see other thread) the right thing, and will often add to the interest. I'll be doing my best to make sure the photo is more interesting than my bike :) .

Not riding today - but will still be looking!

Ray
Ray
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt - Bertrand Russell
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

I would add that having your bike in the photo is a good thing. Why? Because it supports the N+1 theory.

It does that as follows.
Wife. "Have you bought another bike?"

Cyclist. "Yes and I have been taking photos of my bikes and putting them on the CTC forum."

Wife. "But why do you need another?"

Cyclist. " Because other forumists have been making unkind comments about my photos always having a red Mercian in them. (Choose your own make and colour at this point) Therfore to avoid ridicule and scorn by the august members of the zenith of cycling forums I felt it neccessary to buy myself a blue Mercian for photographic purposes."

Wife. "Well that's okay then if you put it like that." :lol: