BBC PRESENTERS SALARIES !

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: BBC PRESENTERS SALARIES !

Postby thirdcrank » 8 Mar 2014, 6:51pm

On my hobbyhorse about criminal prosecutions for not having a TV licence, I see that it's still only early days.

In 2012 about 155,000 were convicted and fined for not paying the £145.50 fee and about 70 were sent to prison.

In total 180,000 people were prosecuted for not paying their licence - which is needed to watch or record live broadcasts on any device - accounting for more than one in 10 criminal prosecutions that year.
(My emphasis)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26492684

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 8 Mar 2014, 8:36pm

Hi,
One of the reasons I dislike the BBC is that their morning breakfast and BBC news channel, has presenters whom think its normal for their watchers to do what they the presenters can easily afford :?: We flipping cant afford those holidays in exotic climes, so I dont relate to them and their mates.

I might have no qualifications but I just cant grasp what content is there in some of there mini documentries on, finantial help with motgages, pensions, car repairs, mobile phones, fuel companys, etc, etc.

I get nothing from them because the content is so lacking BASIC help :!:

Like the BBC local radio stations who have their experts on phone and computer spam, the basic rule is not to return any info / answer the phone, or reply to emails, but they never say it, instead go through the same stories over and over again about how Mr Brown is getting 20 spam emails a day.
Thats basic computer security which is never discussed, instead its make sure you got up to date anti virus protection......thats all the advice given.

The financial mini weekly programs by Dermot ? " Your Money"
My missus started life in a bank and I was pretty good at maths too, niether of us got a crumb out of there financial advise we watched one day, we just looked at each other. confused..........

Who are these crap mini docs aimed at :?: Uni buffs.......................they are all $%*& at holding on to their money.
I get zilch out of the BBC mini docs they run for their who's that nobodys presenters who just happen to have started life as a tea lady :?

Its not remarkable they started as a lowly clerk and shot to fame, its how they promote their freinds and family.
The same way other organisations (within big firms :wink: )promote freinds and family.
I know I was one of them..............

Someone who you might have never met walks towards you and asks you to go away off site and do a job at another location round the country :?
I avoided the person and without actually saying NO said no several times, another bod who I actually did know badgered me to do the job :(
I conceeded and did two weeks away from home working on fine small part press machines for pins to go into mobile phones.
Job was good and I enjoyed the work, easy peasee.
Came back home and low and behold I am now an "Engineer"................. :lol:
No kidding well I onced worked as an Industrial Engineer many years ago on National defence.

I started at that firm who sent me away as an assembler and cleaner / dogs body.

Thats how you get promoted not by hard work, and when it drops in your lap you would be a very naive soul to think that you got it on merrit.

Some people reading this will reconise their methods of promotion.
Some will think them selves far superior to us plebs..........
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

BeeKeeper

Postby BeeKeeper » 8 Mar 2014, 8:55pm

I lived in the Middle East for a few years. Saw beggars dying in the street. And you folk are getting worked up about TV?

PaulB

Postby PaulB » 16 Mar 2014, 10:01pm

Anyone who tried to watch the winter paralympics closing ceremony on Channel 4 will never complain about the BBC again. Channel 4 butchered the event with constant commercial breaks. I gave up watching after about 40 minutes.

Mark1978

Postby Mark1978 » 17 Mar 2014, 11:28am

PaulB wrote:Anyone who tried to watch the winter paralympics closing ceremony on Channel 4 will never complain about the BBC again. Channel 4 butchered the event with constant commercial breaks. I gave up watching after about 40 minutes.

I watched the 'coverage' of the paralypics but there was no coverage! It was just "so and so finished 14th" in this event, and had a 30 second clip and then on with the next human interest story. What? If you're going to have a sports highlights programme then show some sport!

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 17 Mar 2014, 9:30pm

Hi,
BeeKeeper wrote:I lived in the Middle East for a few years. Saw beggars dying in the street. And you folk are getting worked up about TV?

BBC, Tip of the Iceberg............................or the Pyramid................. :wink:

Locally we have had beggers dying on the street too, ok so not in the same numbers.

My first complaint to the BBC was about the way children they film were being portrayed, as far as I know they never informed me that they would change that / uphold what I had exposed, BUT they changed it PDQ :!:
I am trying to word another complaint also about the way they are showing children that they film on their BBC news programs, local and national.
I dont even have children and I am a nobody with no qualifications, we all know that the BBC's corruption runs deep.

jezer

Postby jezer » 17 Mar 2014, 9:58pm

We were in New York last week, tuning into the hotel TV for a preview. We endured it for two minutes before switching off the total drivel, mainly adverts with very little program. Having said that I think the BBC, if they want to continue enjoying the licence fee, should concentrate on news and current affairs channels. Forget high paid celebs, they belong on commercial channels where the high cost can be justified by commercial interests.
Power to the pedals

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 21 Mar 2014, 1:58pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26682135

In other circumstances, opinion-formers at the BBC might have cheered the scrapping of criminal sanctions for something so trivial. Self-interest is a powerful influence.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 21 Mar 2014, 4:50pm

thirdcrank wrote:While I'm on, I don't like trailers for BBC programmes presented as news items. ("You can see more about this.....")
Ditto.
There are more adverts on BBC than there are on ITV ............... or they did when I last watched television.

Back in the old days, there was time for Magic Roundabout, or Tom and Jerry, but now it's all trailers.
Same as on the BBC radio.
Advert after advert after advert.

We don't have a telly any more, and we don't pay for a TV licence, and we don't miss it one iota.

However, this gets me onto an interesting (for me anyway) question.
If a household of two adults and four grown-up independent children 21+ don't have a TV licence and get caught out by the authorities, who gets the fine?
Mick F. Cornwall

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 21 Mar 2014, 6:20pm

Hi,
I think there is a "Named" person who resides at address on the Liceince.

Interestingly-
1) They the BBC are threatening closer of Childrens channels :? Defenately dislike anyone / organisation who uses children as pawns :evil:

2) Some of the BBC 1 (protected to the hilt) employees 40 something male / freelancers :? :?: (tax dodge, as there are rules by HMRC that lay out true self employment which the likes of David Fitzgerald BBC Devon (SW) never has adhered to) ........are Dyeing their barnets........to avoid looking "Aged" :lol:

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 22 Mar 2014, 12:10pm

Mick F wrote:If a household of two adults and four grown-up independent children 21+ don't have a TV licence and get caught out by the authorities, who gets the fine?
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:I think there is a "Named" person who resides at address on the Liceince.
That's my point.
They don't have a licence, therefore no name recorded.

Who gets the fine?
Mick F. Cornwall

TonyR

Postby TonyR » 22 Mar 2014, 12:59pm

Mark1978 wrote:That sounds sensible, but then look at the output of the main commercial station, ITV. Almost without exception their output is dire, shows it's not always commercial pressure which drives good programming.

And without an advertising free competitor I'm pretty sure they would quickly migrate to the US model where programmes are interrupted every few minutes for interminable and repetitive advertising breaks while major sports events would be halted every few minutes to allow the broadcaster to go to a commercial break.

And although a lot of people here seem not to watch or want the BBC, the audience figures show that a lot of people do like their output and want to watch it. I don't particularly like Jonathan Woss but when he was on the BBC almost 5 million people watched his programmes.

TonyR

Postby TonyR » 22 Mar 2014, 1:00pm

Mick F wrote:
Mick F wrote:If a household of two adults and four grown-up independent children 21+ don't have a TV licence and get caught out by the authorities, who gets the fine?
NATURAL ANKLING wrote:I think there is a "Named" person who resides at address on the Liceince.
That's my point.

Who gets the fine?

The registered householder as shown on the electoral register.

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 22 Mar 2014, 1:39pm

Hi,
Mick F wrote:
That's my point.

Who gets the fine?

Sorry I miss read the post.
The same ones who pay the council tax, the kids living at home get everything free :?
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-y ... gers-aud2/
"You don’t need a TV Licence
If you’re a lodger and have a relationship with the homeowner – for example, a family member, common law partner, a nanny, au pair or housekeeper You’re covered by the homeowner’s TV Licence if they have one, provided you live in the same building. If you live in self contained accommodation such as a separate flat or annex you need your own separate licence.
If you are unsure whether this applies to your particular circumstances, please contact us to find out more information."

There is no such legal status as Common Law at all, they should not use it :!:
But if you happen to live with someone as such you will receive NO help with benifits at all, the law ia an ass.....................

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 22 Mar 2014, 3:39pm

Homeowner?
There's two of us here, both jointly on the deeds.
Council Tax?
Both our names.
Car Owner?
Both of us too, and both of us on the DVLA registration document as joint keepers.

No TV licence - so if we watched it and got caught .............
Which one of us gets the fine?
Yeah, yeah, I know, we'd go dutch on it - but which one of us would get the summons?
Mick F. Cornwall