Parcel Force Processing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Parcel Force Processing

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I've had various courier companies claim "noone was in" when delivering to an office with 24 hour security. They invariably went a bit quiet when I pointed out that a building with 24/7 security was unlikely to ever have had "noone in"
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
bikes4two

Post by bikes4two »

I had two parcels of similar weight/size to send off.
Parcel 1 - was by Royal Mail - down to the local PO I went, queued a bit then the service person, offered up the parcel to a template thingy,weighed it, keyed in info on the till, peeled off a sticky thingy, scanned the sticky thingy and gave me the other half, entered the cost into the till, 'rang it up' printed out till receipt and I was done. That's as I remember but I may have fallen asleep somewhere along the line

Parcel 2- Collect Plus - no queuing for the web page nor the printer to print out my package label. Off to the local collecting store (no queue there either) - one swipe of the barcode reader, two button presses, quick whirr of the thermal receipt printer and I was gone. No time to fall asleep - barely had time to say hello!

All that RM processing - no wonder the other couriers are doing so well (that is with the exception of My Hermes who I don't fancy using - another story). :roll:
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

+1 for Collect+.

I don't buy stuff to send it back, but I had to return a child's scooter to Amazon last year. A very straightforward process, without the positive security vetting employed at the post office, even when buying a book of stamps.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Tried to post a parcel today for an item I sold on here.
Cycled to the village PO only to be told that the "system" was down.
Returned an hour later and the same problem.
They couldn't "process" it as I wanted a proof of postage and to pay slightly extra as it's value was over the £20 maximum covered by standard mail.
As the "system" was down, they tried looking in their brochure for costs etc. but couldn't print out a receipt or work out which sticky label to use. :roll:

But generally I find the Post Office "system" great.
It keeps the village shop open and Lord only knows where the nearest any of these other new fangled couriers are.
DPD tried delivering a package last week when we were away and left a couple of cards.
I rang once we were back and asked for delivery the following day. As it was a Saturday they said it'd cost me a fiver,so arranged for delivery on the Monday.
Stayed in all day and nothing arrived.
I rang them at 7 pm and they said they'd forgotten to pack it on the 'van, so would "upgrade" me for a specific half-day delivery on the Tuesday.
I asked for a morning delivery and was told that I would be allocated a 1 hour slot between the hours of 8 and 12:30.
"which hour I asked?"
Between 8 and 12:30 was the reply. :?