Max Clifford.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Bonefishblues

Re: Max Clifford.

Post by Bonefishblues »

djnotts wrote:"There is of course a material difference between committing a criminal offence and indulging in distasteful PR practices."

Shame that. Morally no difference - the law is a failure.

I'm glad we don't jail people for distatefulness tbh - I suspect the UK's Judicial System wouldn't be able to cope with the traffic :lol:
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

They're basically symptomatic of the type of person he was perhaps. If you're wrecking someone's life by feeding them to the red tops you're not morally clean. It's not criminal but there's a low level of morality about it. Just as the low level of morality allows a person to sexually abuse someone.

As far as I'm concerned you can condemn someone for crimes and non-criminal acts that can be taken as amoral. I bet there's a lot of other nasty pieces of work who haven't committed a crime too.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Tangled Metal wrote:They're basically symptomatic of the type of person he was perhaps. If you're wrecking someone's life by feeding them to the red tops you're not morally clean. It's not criminal but there's a low level of morality about it. Just as the low level of morality allows a person to sexually abuse someone.

As far as I'm concerned you can condemn someone for crimes and non-criminal acts that can be taken as amoral. I bet there's a lot of other nasty pieces of work who haven't committed a crime too.

Who were you thinking about here?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

The a preliminary hearing for inquest into Max Clifford's death in custody is now in progress

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c ... e-46989850