What do you love to hate?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Cugel

Re: What do you love to hate? e.g radio 4 ..

Post by Cugel »

Mick F wrote:Radio 2
Awful.

Chris Evans
Ken Bruce
Jeremy Vine

All three should be shot at dawn.

Why wait until dawn?

I too have an intense dislike of prattle-fools on various radio channels, which I generally avoid like the plague but come across in the gym or locations such as a dentist's waiting room. The commercial channels are worst, with oily patronizing voices trying to sell me dross or hysterical fools going into raptures about some junk or other. Then there's more of that whining with a boom-boom noise that goes for contemporary musik these days.

I try to get them to turn it off, starting with nice well-mannered requests but eventually descending into a sulky tantrum if they won't. :-)

Still, I'll never descend into hating them. When dawn comes and it's time for their despatch, I will commiserate with them and perhaps not tie on the blindfolds too tight. I would offer them a final fag but it's bad for their health so no.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Cyril Haearn

Re: What do you love to hate? e.g Moultons ..

Post by Cyril Haearn »

No no, no need to 'hate' them so much, no-one is obliged to listen to them. Send them all to a lonely paradise island together alone

If I cannae spell or pronounce a word I use another, for controversy: debate, dispute, argument etc
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Mark1978 wrote:Bloody listening project. I want to throw something every time it comes on it's so annoying. Worst part is that they cut really good programmes like 'More or Less' short in order to fit in this drivel.

Thread resurrection alert

Havnae listened to MoL for years, awful, interesting material presented in a style to drive one %) @€&#
peetee

Post by peetee »

Lidl
While undeniably cheaper than other supermarkets for the equivalent quality goods and having till operators who are amazingly quick it irritates me intensely because it is constantly rearranging its products. There are two stores I visit regularly, neither of which have ever been arranged in a similar fashion so it is even more difficult to remember where anything is.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Mark1978 wrote:Bloody listening project. I want to throw something every time it comes on it's so annoying. Worst part is that they cut really good programmes like 'More or Less' short in order to fit in this drivel.

Thread resurrection alert

Havnae listened to MoL for years, awful, interesting material presented in a style to drive one %) @€&#
More or Less used to be a good programme, but it's been reduced in length and quality.

The stupid "Story Book" they read from noon for fifteen minutes or so every day, and then the trimming off of the end well before 1pm has cut the programme down to something not much longer than half an hour.
Added to the fact that on a Tuesday you get the annoying phone-in, makes the whole idea of listening to MoL pointless and boring.

Can't remember when I last listened to it, and I'm very glad indeed that we don't pay for a TV licence ............ as we don't have a telly! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

peetee wrote:Lidl
While undeniably cheaper than other supermarkets for the equivalent quality goods and having till operators who are amazingly quick it irritates me intensely because it is constantly rearranging its products. There are two stores I visit regularly, neither of which have ever been arranged in a similar fashion so it is even more difficult to remember where anything is.

Oh no, I shall be using l**l regularly soon :?
I know a**i does not change the stores often, I can usually find what I want there
Tried to buy salt today, two stores had none
Panic buying?
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

The Tele, I don't have one, I love saying I don't have one, then people look at me, point and scream!
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Patrickpioneer wrote:The Tele, I don't have one, I love saying I don't have one, then people look at me, point and scream!

Do you have a Strat instead of a Tele? They both seem to have dedicated followings!
Cyril Haearn

Re: What do you love to hate?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Driving
Got to do some soon
Nearly all motorway, should be quite relaxing, minusplus?
Patrickpioneer

Post by Patrickpioneer »

mattheus wrote:
Patrickpioneer wrote:The Tele, I don't have one, I love saying I don't have one, then people look at me, point and scream!

Do you have a Strat instead of a Tele? They both seem to have dedicated followings!

I had to google that, but I don't get out much.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Radio 5
Awful jingles played while someone is talking
Seems very impolite :wink:
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Blokes with beards, they're just too idle to shave!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

philvantwo wrote:Blokes with beards, they're just too idle to shave!

Whaddabout those with very thin beards,the ones that look like someone's drawn them on with felt tip pen?
Must take them ages shaving around them :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

philvantwo wrote:Blokes with beards, they're just too idle to shave!

I resemble that comment !

I'll have you know, duck, that to keep a beard neat requires twice weekly trimming sessions. Better than 7 bleary eyed mornings a week trying to scrape the skin clear though.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

Attempts to sell me things.
Adverts, telephone scams, chuggers, free offers, con men, etc.etc. I immediately look for the lies.
I am allergic to people trying to part me from my money.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?