TV licensing...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: TV licensing...

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 24 Jul 2020, 10:37am

Hi,
I remember my dealings with Southwest water.
We decided to go for a water meter as only two of us live at home.
After fitting I worked out after a short period of time that my water meter bill would shoot up from what it was then maybe £350 to1000 a year :?
I queried this with Southwest water, they suggested I might have a leak, I thought if my leak is that bad it would be coming out of the ground wouldn't it.
Very soon they were issuing me read letters with threats to take me to court.
I never said I would not pay I was just querying
I wrote them back and said I will meet them in court and suggested they send a long someone with very broad shoulders.
Old story I know I've told you before, water meter was fitted by contractors And a poor job to.
Local guy came round and refitted the meter, now the bill is more like 250.

surely any type of threat from any company let alone the BBC even if represented by another company morally should be addressed by the government to stop it.

I remember one of the BBC Governors to use a better word being grilled by A Parliamentary enquiry, asked how they felt about sending people to jail?
The retort was we don't send people to jail the courts to :roll:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 2 Aug 2020, 10:06am

In these Covid days, I reckon that the TVL investigators won't be coming out for visits.
It's a good time to be a TVL dodger now, as no-one would come out to check.
Mick F. Cornwall

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 2 Aug 2020, 11:09am

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
I remember my dealings with Southwest water.
We decided to go for a water meter as only two of us live at home.
After fitting I worked out after a short period of time that my water meter bill would shoot up from what it was then maybe £350 to1000 a year :?
I queried this with Southwest water, they suggested I might have a leak, I thought if my leak is that bad it would be coming out of the ground wouldn't it.
Very soon they were issuing me read letters with threats to take me to court.
I never said I would not pay I was just querying
I wrote them back and said I will meet them in court and suggested they send a long someone with very broad shoulders.
Old story I know I've told you before, water meter was fitted by contractors And a poor job to.
Local guy came round and refitted the meter, now the bill is more like 250.

surely any type of threat from any company let alone the BBC even if represented by another company morally should be addressed by the government to stop it.

I remember one of the BBC Governors to use a better word being grilled by A Parliamentary enquiry, asked how they felt about sending people to jail?
The retort was we don't send people to jail the courts to :roll:

re meters. When I was with London Electricity they replaced the meter as they some times do. Fine. The guy came &swapped out for a new 2nd hand meter and started to leave. I had to drag him back as he didnt record the current numbers, I bet they woud have tried to bill me for £1000's. Maybe they already had recorded the current meter setting before sending it out, maybe not.

mumbojumbo

Postby mumbojumbo » 2 Aug 2020, 11:32am

We had meter fitted,after the tee taking cold feed to bath,boiler and Wc,making for very low bills.|It was fitted by contractor,who had no grasp of plumbing.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 2 Aug 2020, 7:38pm

I have two water mains, so I don’t know what they’d try to do.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.