TV licensing...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: TV licensing...

Postby Mick F » 26 Sep 2019, 3:20pm

Received our 22nd letter today. :roll:

The letters one and two were gentle reminders addressed to us personally.
Letters three and four were addressed to "the present occupier" and were gentle reminders to get a TVL.

Then the threats started.
Letters of threat after threat, but after letter number twelve, they've started repeating themselves.

There is not one single letter that has been written by a human being, and not one letter that had been dated other than the month. Also, not one letter signed by a human being either, just a facsimile of a signature.
Mick F. Cornwall

merseymouth

Postby merseymouth » 26 Sep 2019, 5:43pm

Hey MickF, Don't you think it's about time you just gave in and paid the extra Tax contribution! Make us all happy :lol: . TTFN MM

* Perhaps they should when your current License Expires? Impossible to answer in date form.

mjr

Postby mjr » 26 Sep 2019, 6:00pm

Mick F wrote:My question is about moving house and NOT taking your telly with you but intending to buy a new one a couple of months or so later.
Can you pause the TVL to continue later, or are you forced to stop it with the resultant loss, and then start a new one off?

In case it wasn't obvious: I'd given up. This is implicitly covered on the link I gave. There is no "resultant loss" as far as I can tell.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 26 Sep 2019, 7:30pm

Daughter took out a DD monthly for her TVL where she was living, and then moved house into her friend's place sharing a room with her friends family. Happened only a couple of months or so ago,
Her friends are fully covered TVL.
Daughter got in touch with TVL and stopped the DD and she is not out of pocket.

The system has changed since we had a DD for a TVL.
Basically, it's a subscription these days.
Maybe you can now effectively have a single month of TVL.

The rules have changed in the past dozen years, and about time too.
Mick F. Cornwall