Question For Facebook Users

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Psamathe

Question For Facebook Users

Post by Psamathe »

How do you feel today?

And is that your feeling that way or are you just feeling the way Facebook want you to feel?

Ian
Guy951

Re: Question For Facebook Users

Post by Guy951 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I use facebook - well, I use their messaging service, since it is Jabber compliant.

Not logged in to the site since mid April.
Don't miss it.

So, how do I feel? People: If you aren't paying for the product, you are the product.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
honesty

Post by honesty »

I am mildly annoyed every time I log into Facebook, but this is more to do with them not allowing me to set the news feed to newest first by default any more on my mobile...
J.Y.Kelly

Post by J.Y.Kelly »

Just thought you'd all like to know that I got up this morning and had breakfast. I'll also be going to bed tonight, (nearly forgot, 'lol', can't go to bed without a 'lol')
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

honesty wrote:I am mildly annoyed every time I log into Facebook, but this is more to do with them not allowing me to set the news feed to newest first by default any more on my mobile...

+1 and who decides what the "top story" is?
Anyway a young relative says Facebook is only used by old people now. :?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
mjr

Post by mjr »

honesty wrote:I am mildly annoyed every time I log into Facebook, but this is more to do with them not allowing me to set the news feed to newest first by default any more on my mobile...

If they let you pick "newest first", then how would they experiment on you? http://www.avclub.com/article/facebook- ... y-e-206324 and http://animalnewyork.com/2014/facebook- ... 000-users/
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Guy951 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I think your response might be a deliberately trying to manipulate my mood. Still better than :( :( :( :twisted:

Ian
gaz

Post by gaz »

Psamathe wrote:How do you feel today?

With my fingers :? .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

gaz wrote:
Psamathe wrote:How do you feel today?
Tired.
100mile ride yesterday and been driving the Community Bus today.

lol.
Mick F. Cornwall
Vinko

Post by Vinko »

I am two months into trying Facebook. Its annoying me already.

However I am trying it and still trying to keep an open mind. I said I would do it until the end of July....yippee....not long now then!

I only joined because my local cycle group decided no longer to use email lists and a web page to keep in touch...now I am connected with all sorts of people who send me pictures of their cats, children, what they have for dinner and "great tips for happiness" ....worse still...being told to share something with others to show some bizarre loyalty!

I have yet to write anything in my "status".....so at the moment I am looking for another cycle group :D

....where is that "deactivate" button?
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

I do not understand all the facebook guff, I do use it but just to find out if the son is still alive. :roll:

I have the privacy settings so that I can not see others that I do not want and them me. The profile is a pack of lies that I change regularly.
Any "friends requests" just get denied with not second thoughts. I do wonder why some people feel the need to inform people when they change their socks and son on.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

honesty wrote:Anyway a young relative says Facebook is only used by old people now. :?

Yup, youngsters are all on instagram. Facebooks great for the friends abroad as is Skype and other internet services. Like anything on the internet, if it isn't for you, don't look at it. If you choose to ignore the entire sum of human knowledge online and look at funny cat videos, hey ho.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

iandriver wrote:If you choose to ignore the entire sum of human knowledge online and look at funny cat videos, hey ho.

There's more the interwebtubethingy than cat videos?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.