A couple of Lottery stories.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
hondated

A couple of Lottery stories.

Post by hondated »

Removed by OP
Last edited by hondated on 27 Jul 2014, 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjchambers

Re: A couple of Lottery stories.

Post by cjchambers »

hondated wrote:He asked him what he had brought and jokingly asked when he said a Range Rover whether he had haggled on the price and was surprised to learn that he hadn't and when he received his invoice he had been given a discount anyway.

As they say - "You don't get rich by giving money away!".

My mam recently stopped doing the lottery - when she started, she picked family birthdays, so now spends most of her time trying to avoid seeing the numbers on the TV. My opinion is that since she chose to stop, we're in a different strand of the multiverse, so everything is different and it doesn't matter whether her numbers come up or not.
Last edited by cjchambers on 23 Jul 2014, 11:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
skicat

Re: A couple of Lottery stories.

Post by skicat »

I made a few hundred pounds from the lottery just after it started up. And without ever buying a ticket.

I wrote a simple program for the Psion PDA which analysed the statistics of previous draws in several different ways. It showed which numbers had come up the most, and which ones the least. Of course, statistics like that are completely meaningless, and the odds of any ball being drawn is the same regardless of whatever happened last week or in any previous weeks. It was really just harmless fun but that didn't stop several hundred people paying a couple of pounds a time for the program :D

(For anyone under 20 reading this, a program is what an App used to be called)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get