Cycling an up and coming conversation topic everywhere...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mhara

Cycling an up and coming conversation topic everywhere...

Postby mhara » 28 Oct 2007, 7:49am

Didn't expect this to be going on outside school gates. And I know we never indulge in innuendo on this MB, so it might be difficult for you to voice an opinion, but does this item
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article2715086.ece?token=null&offset=12
in yesterday's Times make cycling look more attractive, or less attractive?

Here's a quote from the article -
“Well, bicycle seat is a reference to some injury sustained while having sex, you’re obviously suggesting that you meet up again at your favourite rendezvous in Kilburn,” he says.

“That is so ridiculous,” I say.

School gate? Educated me, I must say!

gaz

Postby gaz » 28 Oct 2007, 9:20pm

I do the school run by bike.

Clearly I'll need to be careful how I describe my aches and pains in front of the Times readers.

meic

Postby meic » 28 Oct 2007, 11:57pm

The article tells you nothing about cyclists/cycling. It does however say something about the Times and its readers which isnt very complementary.

mhara

Postby mhara » 29 Oct 2007, 6:25am

meic wrote:The article tells you nothing about cyclists/cycling. It does however say something about the Times and its readers which isnt very complementary.

At which point I hastily say I do not count myself a Times reader - I occasionally use Google News to pick up anything on cycling / bicycles in the UK and it's quite interesting what you find (like this odd article) - the downside is lots of news about people being run over. :(

2Tubs

Postby 2Tubs » 30 Oct 2007, 12:15pm

I'm a Guardian Reader.

But as a short story, that ain't all that bad.

Gazza
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.

Mrs Tortoise

Postby Mrs Tortoise » 30 Oct 2007, 8:02pm

As another Grauniad reader, I just take the moral high ground. :shock: I also don't move in Times reader's circles 'cos I've never heard the expression before.

Tandemist

Postby Tandemist » 1 Nov 2007, 8:46pm

So anyone got the mobile number of Slummy Mummy ? :wink: