Jamie - Twizzlers v.s Nutkin

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
beardy

Re: Jamie - Twizzlers v.s Nutkin

Post by beardy »

If squirrels were seen as a foodstuff instead of a pest then there would not be enough of them!

I often wished that I had an appetite for slugs as they are my most plentiful harvest.
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

beardy wrote:If squirrels were seen as a foodstuff instead of a pest then there would not be enough of them!

I often wished that I had an appetite for slugs as they are my most plentiful harvest.

Ask Jamie O. I am sure he could come up with a recipe. :lol:
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
mrjemm

Post by mrjemm »

Slugs are just homeless snails surely? :wink:

Bit of garlic butter and you're laughing.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The Mechanic wrote:Thinking about this i believe that the reason there are over populations of some animals is that we do not hunt them anymore. In the past we lived on food we either grew or hunted. These days we buy it from either Lidl or Waitrose (other food retailers are available). If we all returned to hunting to live, as opposed to live to hunt, then we might not have this problem.
Wasn't there a scientist recently who stated that the human race made a huge mistake when they left being hunter/gatherer and went into farming? Also, we domesticated the wrong grasses.
Mick F. Cornwall
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

beardy wrote:If squirrels were seen as a foodstuff instead of a pest then there would not be enough of them!

I'm sure properly prepared slugs taste just like snails - Shells are available to fool the gullible! http://www.amazon.com/Empty-Escargot-Sn ... B0001HAF3Y
Let's grow kangaroos and eat them all up, too! :-) Boiiinnnggg Boooiiinnngg...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Neilo

Post by Neilo »

simonineaston wrote: Let's grow kangaroos and eat them all up, too! :-) Boiiinnnggg Boooiiinnngg...

I've had Skippy and chips at a restaurant. Didn't taste like chicken, just like any other steak.
Neil
If it aint broke, fix it til it is.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Someone's been painting seagulls maybe?
Not me, as I haven't got any pink paint.
_102893282_seagull1.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-45129087
Mick F. Cornwall