Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
ferrit worrier

Re: Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Post by ferrit worrier »

Last week I had to deliver a eulogy for my Dad who passed away at age 92 a good innings. he always liked a good joke and he was a well respected member of his local church and could be seen in a corner sharing a joke or two. So I decided to keep up his tradition and told Cycling guys joke about the mummy coated in chocolate and Hazel nut. I did say I was going to tell the one about a piece of string but it was too long. ( sorry Peetee)

Thanks guys you never know where your wise cracks will end up but it certainly helped to lift the moment for us.

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

My therapist died last week but he was so good I didn't give a **** !
I am here. Where are you?
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Oldjohnw wrote:I heard today that permanent personal track and trace app was being set up for Boris Johnson.

He needs a tag, definitely.

There was a thread on the Digital Spy forums about what puts you off about a member of the opposite sex. For me it's ankle bracelets. Don't know why - wrist bracelets I'm ok with, actually quite like charm bracelets, not at all a fan of tattoos, but for some reason ankle bracelets put me right off.

Anyway, I posted that and some wag came back with "Especially if you go to pick her up for a date and it beeps when she comes out the door." :)
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

kylecycler wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:I heard today that permanent personal track and trace app was being set up for Boris Johnson.

There was a thread on the Digital Spy forums about what puts you off about a member of the opposite sex. For me it's ankle bracelets. Don't know why - wrist bracelets I'm ok with, actually quite like charm bracelets, not at all a fan of tattoos, but for some reason ankle bracelets put me right off.

Anyway, I posted that and some wag came back with "Especially if you go to pick her up for a date and it beeps when she comes out the door." :)

The UK's main tag fitting company, G4S, is also a main operator of Covid tests and tracking/tracing. G4S had s £multi million fine for fraud fitting tags to on existing prisoners and several senior managers are right now in court.
John
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

A little nervous, but yesterday I volunteered for the COVID-19 vaccine trials. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot this morning at 7:00am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:
kylecycler wrote:

The UK's main tag fitting company, G4S, is also a main operator of Covid tests and tracking/tracing. G4S had s £multi million fine for fraud fitting tags to on existing prisoners and several senior managers are right now in court.

Don't just pick on G4S. Serco did the same and are also heavily involved in "Test and Trace" you got shares in them or summat?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

pete75 wrote:Don't just pick on G4S. Serco did the same and are also heavily involved in "Test and Trace" you got shares in them or summat?

Quite so. I doubt you could get a cigarette paper between those two companies, in terms of corporate values and social responsibility.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Serco is just the same. But I only mentioned G4S because it's G4S whose former directors are in court. I reported both to ministers some 15 years ago for falsifying prison transport figures and they were audited back then. Nothing has changed.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:Serco is just the same. But I only mentioned G4S because it's G4S whose former directors are in court. I reported both to ministers some 15 years ago for falsifying prison transport figures and they were audited back then. Nothing has changed.

Oh yes it has. Serco is now run by Winston Churchill's grandson giving the firm big kudos in Tory party eyes. It's probably what helped them get a new 10 year contract for prisoner transport starting in August this year. It'll bring them in the best part of a billion quid.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

cycleruk wrote:A little nervous, but yesterday I volunteered for the COVID-19 vaccine trials. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot this morning at 7:00am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

i bet they insert a different type of bug to the one you expect
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:Serco is just the same. But I only mentioned G4S because it's G4S whose former directors are in court. I reported both to ministers some 15 years ago for falsifying prison transport figures and they were audited back then. Nothing has changed.

Oh yes it has. Serco is now run by Winston Churchill's grandson giving the firm big kudos in Tory party eyes. It's probably what helped them get a new 10 year contract for prisoner transport starting in August this year. It'll bring them in the best part of a billion quid.

When I say nothing hasad changed I mean it was corrupt then and now, with massive government contracts and limited oversight.
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:
pete75 wrote:

When I say nothing hasad changed I mean it was corrupt then and now, with massive government contracts and limited oversight.

They did make an attempt to change "culture and values" in the company though of course it may have been window dressing. Everybody above a certain level had to go on a one day course covering business ethics and the like. At the one I attended a chap turned up at quart to 11 instead of the 10 start time. In one of those things you couldn't make up up he said he ran the prison transport contract. He didn't laugh when I said "I bet you'll sign yourself in at 10 then"
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:
pete75 wrote:

They did make an attempt to change "culture and values" in the company though of course it may have been window dressing. Everybody above a certain level had to go on a one day course covering business ethics and the like. At the one I attended a chap turned up at quart to 11 instead of the 10 start time. In one of those things you couldn't make up up he said he ran the prison transport contract. He didn't laugh when I said "I bet you'll sign yourself in at 10 then"

You obv know them well!
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

You obv know them well!

Oh yes. I can think of some good things about them for example they honoured our TUPE transfer terms and conditions to the letter making no attempt to change them and some of the staff were decent and honourable people who tried to provide a good service to the customer. Most of these had been TUPE transferred to the company.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

In the dealings I had with both G4S and Serco they were entirely dishonourable. Certainly, it was in a limited way and in specific projects but I maintained on he basis and extent of their wrongdoing - acknowledged in tue courts - they should never be let near another outsourcing contract again.

Not that anyone took any notice. The excellent David Hansen MP, then Prisons Minister, was very attentive but he didn't last long enough.

Sorry to have moved off the thread. Will desist.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 23 Sep 2020, 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.
John