Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Oldjohnw

Re: Funniest clean joke I've heard recently

Post by Oldjohnw »

I don't think I can take any more. It wasn't mint to be prolonged like this. But every post is now peppered with silly punnets.

Anyway, Seasonings Greetings. Have a rosemerry Christmas.
John
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Oldjohnw wrote:Seasonings Greetings. Have a rosemerry Christmas.

Likewise I'm sure John, pun while it lasted tho'.
Nu-Fogey
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Two old women in church. One turns to the other and says, "I've just let out a big silent fart, what should I do?"
The other replied, "Get a new battery for your hearing aid".
You'll never know if you don't try it.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

When I lived in Tralee I saw a man stood outside the pub door smoking a cigarette. A guard came up to him and said, "You're not two meters from the door". He replied, "I'm in that pub over the road".
pete75

Post by pete75 »

My wife asked me if I'd seen the cat bowl. I said No and to be honest I didn't even know it could play cricket.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

We wish you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Tier.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Paulatic wrote:We wish you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Tier.

you too have a merry Covid-Mass
Debs

Post by Debs »

Make sure you continue to wear your face masks and socially distance during the festive season; there's a hum bug going around.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

After seven years of medical training and hard work, my very good friend has been struck off after one minor mistake.
He fell in love and had sex with one of his patients and now can no longer work in the profession.
What a waste of time, training, and money.
A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Kwackers :lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Capture.JPG
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Seriously worried that the possible lettuce shortage is just the tip of the iceberg.
John
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, "My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?" The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, and even fix his car.
As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound. A sound unlike anything he's ever heard before -- the Sirens that nearly seduced Odysseus into crashing his ship come to mind. He doesn't sleep that night. He tosses and turns, trying to figure out what could possibly be making such a seductive sound.
The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk." Distraught, the man is forced to leave.
Years later, having never been able to forget that sound, the man goes back to the monastery and again pleads for the answer. The monks reply, "We can't tell you. You're not a monk." The man says, "If the only way I can find out what is making that beautiful sound is to become a monk, then please, make me a monk." The monks reply, "You must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of grains of sand. When you find these answers, you will have become a monk."
The man sets about his task. After many years of searching he returns as a gray-haired old man and knocks on the door of the monastery. A monk answers. He is taken before a gathering of all the monks and says, "In my quest to find what makes that beautiful sound, I traveled the earth and have found what you asked for: By design, the world is in a state of perpetual change. Only God knows what you ask. All a man can know is himself, and only then if he is honest and reflective and willing to strip away self-deception."
The monks reply, "Congratulations. You have become a monk. We shall now show you the way to the mystery of the sacred sound." The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, "The sound is beyond that door." The monks give him the key, and he opens the door. Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone. The man is given the key to the stone door and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby. And so it went that he needed keys to doors of emerald, pearl and diamond. Finally, they come to a door made of solid gold. The sound has become very clear and definite. The monks say, "This is the last key to the last door." The man is apprehensive to no end. His life's wish is behind that door!
With trembling hands, he unlocks the door, turns the knob, and slowly pushes the door open. Falling to his knees, he is utterly amazed to discover the source of that haunting and seductive sound... But, of course, I can't tell you what it is because you're not a monk.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Breaking news

The whole of Cornwall has been placed into tier4 lockdown after hundreds of pirates returned home to Penzance to spend Christmas with their families.

Official figures show the Arrrrr rate has risen dramatically
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
peetee

Post by peetee »

ferrit worrier wrote:Breaking news

The whole of Cornwall has been placed into tier4 lockdown after hundreds of pirates returned home to Penzance to spend Christmas with their families.

Official figures show the Arrrrr rate has risen dramatically

I can’t Hayle that news with any Praze.
BTW. I know it’s a joke, I’m not Gulval.
You’ve been a wonderful audience.
I’m here all Gweek.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.