View from the bridge

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

View from the bridge

Post by Mick F »

How's about some more photos with a theme?

View from the bridge.
This one is from Horsebridge over the River Tamar looking south. The bridge dates back to 1437 and is the third road crossing over the river all the way from Plymouth Sound 15 miles away (as the crow flies)

England to the left, and Cornwall to the right.
Horsebridge.jpeg
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Re: View from the bridge

Post by al_yrpal »

Pont Interdepartmental near Locquirec Brittany over le Douron. Some very nice camping spots here off the road back to Locquirec with direct access to a lovely sandy beaches. Locquirec itself is very small and peaceful. Ideal as a holiday spot with young children.

ImagePont interdepartmental Toul an Hery Brittany by Al, on Flickr

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Al, was the bike collapse the cause of your shoulder injury :lol:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

francovendee wrote:Al, was the bike collapse the cause of your shoulder injury :lol:

I sent a pm yesterday. Perhaps the answers there?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Very photogenic things bridges

Could go on and on......
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Here's two,first is the Trent & Mersey canal from a road bridge near Acton Bridge:-

The second one is from a wooden foot bridge over Pennington Brook near Leigh Lancs:-
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Out today and came back to Tavistock on a cycle track! :shock:
Not something I do much, but I thought a photo from a bridge would be a good thing, so I sacrificed (temporarily) my principles.

Gem Bridge on Drake's Trail.
http://www.drakestrail.co.uk
http://www.nce.co.uk/features/structure ... 8.article#
Gem Bridge2.jpg

Dartmoor in the distance.
River Walkham below.
Attachments
Gem Bridge.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

One from the Severn Bridge at the end of Lôn Las Cymru last year. The light over the estuary has been stunning every time I've ridden across it.

al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Jolly boating weather… the view from the bridge at Henley on Thames this morning. Crews preparing for the Royal Regatta racing whilst the crowd are preparing their outfits of blazer, straw hat and pink trousers for blokes, long dresses and hats for ladies and of course their Pimms, Champagne and Smoked Salmon sandwiches. Impossible to photograph the bike too…

Al
Attachments
rps20150704_155630_047.jpg
sjs

Post by sjs »

River Yare at Reedham. OK, a chain ferry not a bridge, but near enough I hope. Taken last Wednesday, on a very hot ride from Lowestoft to Wells Next the Sea.
Attachments
ferry.jpg
colin54

Post by colin54 »

View of Southern extension to Leeds Railway Station from foot bridge over the River Aire.

P1020317 (405x640).jpg

P1020318 (480x640).jpg

P1070918 (640x480).jpg

P1080473 (640x456).jpg

They started building this in March 2014' it's involved building two concrete piers onto the existing Victorian arches on which the railway lines are supported and span

the River Aire, which runs under the station.So they've had to pile into the river bed, construct the piers ,pour a slab on top and then build the steel work.It will be

finished off with metal cladding. It's been an interesting job to watch .

The arches themselves are worth seeing if you're ever in Leeds, amazing brick vaulting .Very atmospheric and known locally as ' The Dark Arches '.
Nu-Fogey
jardine

Post by jardine »

This is a splendid thread- I do believe in riding to measure the land, and crossing bridges is a great bit of that. This is from October '13, and is from the very first run of my brand-new bike- I think it's somewhere near Ten Mile Bank on the Great Ouse, on a run from King's Lynn to Cambridge- the fen around there is dead flat and punctuated by the sluices popping up which control the multitude of natural and man-made waterways.
IMG_1605.JPG

I've covered a good few thousand miles since then, and the bike fits like a glove. I've lost 10kg, ditched clips in favour of SPDs and have learned not to leave the chain and rear mech so stressed out!
Richard Fairhurst

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

Great idea for a thread.

Here's two from my trip to New York last month (with Bike Friday) - partly for the OpenStreetMap conference, partly to test out cycle.travel's US routing. This is the Hudson Walkway, a colossal railway (sorry, railroad) bridge at Poughkeepsie that has been reused as a foot and cycle path. The longest footbridge in the world, apparently!
Attachments
hudson_walkway_2.jpg
hudson_walkway_1.jpg
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

1992 Longstaff on the bridge over Afon Henwy as it flows from Llyn Cwmystradllyn. The old slate mill behind.

https://flic.kr/p/nD9Qot
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

1991 GT Karakoram on way home from shopping by Pont Croesor. Welsh Highland Railway lines with Cnicht, Moelwyn Mawr and Moelwyn Bach.

https://flic.kr/p/o1gEpV
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"