collar bone update

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Diane Bulley

Broken collar bone.

Post by Diane Bulley »

This is natural. Any form of injury triggers a reaction from the whole body.I broke my wrist October 6th and it has just stopped hurting. I used the time to write a series of columns for our local paper on allotment gardening, have done 43 so far. Being published on the Gardening Pages in Feb.

You could join the local Scrabble Group ! A pub Quiz Team. ! Anything to keep cheerful.

The bones take 6 weeks to heal but with the plate I would estimate 10 weeks, you may be able to go out with the local Rambling Group after 6 weeks. Get a walking pole for uneven rough ground.

Suggestions welcome from CTC members who have broken their collar bones to help Eileithya through this difficult time.
Diane Bulley

Collar bone update.

Post by Diane Bulley »

How are you getting on now Eilethya ? I do think of you.

The weather is so depressing if you are stuck indoors, in plaster.

Hope there is good news fairly soon.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

hi another 5 weeks signed off and waiting for physio appts. finally got sling off in past 24 hours and started trying to use it a bit. am a little concerned by how much one of the screws is very prominently sticking up, hopefully will discuss this next week with consultant.

thanks for asking
Diane Bulley

Broken collar bone.

Post by Diane Bulley »

I think you need to forget about the new bike until Easter.

The potholes, and bumpy roads wont do it much good.

I will be trying out my new s/h folder bike next month, hopefully it will be better for my spine to sit up straight.

Its good to be able to sit at the sewing machine after 2 and a half years, but even then, I did too much and had to keep resting with my feet up to ease the backache. I can do the cleaning, and gardening ok - no trouble at all. Bone jobs are slow.

Just have to keep adjusting. But am looking forward to playing about on the folder. Will be more confident when I can put both feet on the road whilst sitting on the saddle when I brake. Just want to pump some fresh air into my lungs again - thats what I miss so much.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

collar bone healing, shoulder blade in line in one plane but slightly out of line in the other. Started physio last week and been doing my exercises daily, stiff and achy......
More physio tomorrow and more agony no doubt, but did get to sit on the bike on the turbo trainer and gently pedal for 20 mins, this am :lol:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Great! Keep at it girl!

Good on yer!
Mick F. Cornwall
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Back to physio, she had given me no instructions on how frequently to do the exercises etc., so was amused to hear I had been doing them as regularly as I have been (sat reading cycling mags in the waiting room), and that I have been on the turbo, well did not want to be accused of not doing them.
Anyway all mobility measurements improving and been given the next group of exercises to start on.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Back at consultant clinic this week, a further 6 weeks off work...
Still fighting lack of mobility in my arm, doing my physio etc., getting on the turbo most days and yesterday rode my bike on the road for 3/4's of a mile.

Today bunged up with a cold, been protected from all sorts of bugs all so far all winter :cry: