Can they all be[er]

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
whoops

Can they all be[er]

Post by whoops »

It appears that every time I get a bottled beer whether it's a micro brewery or an old established brewery it seems to be "An award-winning beer" which beggars the question do people actually drink these beers or just sit around pontificating about it while stroking their beards. Don't they make a normal bitter now that's tasty and not an award-winning beer?
[XAP]Bob

Re: Can they all be[er]

Post by [XAP]Bob »

The breweries might all get awards, and consider them applicable to all their beers?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
CliveyT

Post by CliveyT »

I think some of these competitions are the type where if you're good enough you get a medal so there can be many silver medals in the same competition. Then if you hold the competition every year and you don't update your label/ re-enter every year.....
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

It's the same with most of the restaurants round here, 'specially the new ones... :roll: 'Spect if I read the small print it would say, "Winner of the most recently opened food outlet of the month award - awarded by Which New Food Outlet Monthly"...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Do they say what award? I mean if it's Aunt Iris's Peat Bog Beer Award or something else no one ever heard of, they won't tell you that will they? It'll just say 'award winning'. But if it's Camra's best bitter 2013, or something, they'll be sure to put that on the label.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

What about books? Can they really nearly all be " best sellers "?
bogmyrtle

Post by bogmyrtle »

And hotels that have their own rating systems.
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.