In general I've been very happy with the machine. It has a few quirks, some of the drivers are a bit rubbish and I had some issues with the wifi (now resolved), but I think it's a fair compromise given the size of the machine.
What I like about it:
- Runs full version of Windows 8.1 so no need to rely on Windows Store Apps being available (important for me as I use Garmin Basecamp)
- Has a proper keyboard and mouse so not reliant on touchscreen for typing
- Good battery life (8-10 hours I reckon)
- Charges over USB. No need for specialist chargers, also means you can charge from a backup battery when camping
- Light weight. According to my kitchen scales the whole thing, including the dock, weighs 1130g
Unfortunately after three months in my panniers (without a case I should add!) the touch screen digitiser cracked. All was not lost though - I disabled the touch screen and have been using it as a 'regular' laptop ever since.
I originally paid £329 but Argos now has two different models, both refurbished, available on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161468058404? ... rmvSB=true - £139.99 (older processor but longer battery life)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161682895564? ... rmvSB=true - £149.99 (slightly faster processor but shorter battery life)
I think that's such a good price I bought a replacement