Where to leave the car

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
BeardyWeirdy

Where to leave the car

Post by BeardyWeirdy »

Hi all

I am taking by bikes over to Germany for a weeks bike tour with my wife - based round the Moselle valley route

I will be starting from Trier, but will need to leave the car for about a week. Any experience of good places to leave the car - either at Trier or generally?

Thanks for any ideas

Richard
MrsHJ

Re: Where to leave the car

Post by MrsHJ »

I don't know the area but we've been successful before by asking the campsite that we stayed in when we arrived. Same would go for a hotel that's not got loads of parking pressure I should think. Otherwise try a local warm showers person either for somewhere to leave it or advice.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Ditto, we have left the car at:- YHA; Scotland and Ireland, campsites in Poland and Scotland, or hotel....... offer a donation or they may have a small charge .. think in Poland the charge was equivalent to about £5. Scottish campsite it was probably around £20.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
pwa

Post by pwa »

Same as above. I offer the campsite a "fee" for leaving my car, and so far they have said yes to leaving the car and no to my offer of money.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

You could try googling a local cycling club and ask them.