Travel Insurance

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
CyclingTerrier

Re: Travel Insurance

Post by CyclingTerrier »

Probably seems best to just ring them up and get a specific quote from them, shop around and find the best deal.
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Just an update - it seems that ETA no longer offer specific cycle touring insurance, so back to square one...
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Slowroad wrote:Just an update - it seems that ETA no longer offer specific cycle touring insurance, so back to square one...

Have you looked at the other thread in insurance which has a table with a list of insurers? It’s now on the non technical too good to lose. viewtopic.php?f=26&p=1316469#p1316469
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

As an add-on to my domestic policy my bike insurance costs hardly anything. It does come with the condition that my bike is securely locked when unattended (including in my shed) using a gold certified lock. Easy enough to comply with. I also get legal cover and public liability thrown in.

I know that some sneer at the idea of insurance but when you have had an expensive bike disappear..........
John
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Oldjohnw wrote:As an add-on to my domestic policy my bike insurance costs hardly anything. It does come with the condition that my bike is securely locked when unattended (including in my shed) using a gold certified lock. Easy enough to comply with. I also get legal cover and public liability thrown in.

I know that some sneer at the idea of insurance but when you have had an expensive bike disappear..........

Apologies: I see this thread is about Travel insurance, not bike insurance.
John
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

A bit late but last summer (Europe) and this winter (South America) I found BMC very competitive. Not a specific cycling policy but they have various levels of cover (corresponding to their perceived "risk") and one of the fairly low levels includes cycle touring.

They also cover extended trips (i.e. not just 2-3 week durations), pre-existing medical conditions and I believe you can extend the duration whilst away (i.e. taking longer than I expected ...).

To get discount you have to join the BMC but that was cost effective for me on last summer's trip alone.

Ian