Porridge, great scoff, but how do you cook yours?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
rjb

Re: Porridge, great scoff, but how do you cook yours?

Post by rjb »

I have discovered the secret to creamy porridge with no lumps. :D

Put my economy porridge oats in a food processor and whiz them up until fine like course flour. I then microwave them in a cup with milk until cooked stirring frequently. If you do this last thing at night then reheat in the morning they turn out super smooth and creamy 8) I add honey and sultanas last thing before consuming 8)
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Groats, fine oats, coarse oats, plenty of water, two minutes in the microwave, leave overnight, microwave again in the morning, add salt
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

1. Three quarter fill a 1 litre pyrex bowl with Lidl's oats (because they come in a paper packet and I am trying to reduce plastic waste),
2. stir in a handful of chopped dates (or sultanas but are not so good),
3. flood the oats with soya drink,
4. cook for 3.5 minutes on high power in a microwave oven (to reduce washing up and avoid burnt-on concrete nightmares)
5. add a little hot water or tea if too solid and enjoy