London > Evreux > Paris

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
benbrook

London > Evreux > Paris

Post by benbrook »

A group of 12 of us, are riding - pretty much self supported - from London to Paris (for charity) in March

Our route is London > Portsmouth > Le Havre > Evreux > Paris

Our intended route is detailed here
http://london2paris.co.uk/routes/3-day-cycle-routes/

Does anyone have any experience cycling this route? I'm slightly concerned it won't be as nice as the Donald Hirsh / avenue verte routes. Unfortunately our route from Le Havre > Evreux > Paris (both ferry and accommodation is already booked)

Many thanks
Ben
Morzedec

Re: London > Evreux > Paris

Post by Morzedec »

Hello, take a look at the af3v.com website, it's the site for off-road and voie verte riding in the whole of France.

There are not many available off-road opportunities for you on your ride, but you might be able to 'adapt' some of the mapped routes to suit.

If I were you I'd go London - Plymouth - Roscoff - Paris, but then I like riding in France!

regards,

Roche Mazet - one of each, please.jpg
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

benbrook wrote:Our route is London > Portsmouth > Le Havre > Evreux > Paris

That map shows me the Newhaven -> Dieppe route not the Portsmouth -> Le Havre one.
Double check it ...... :?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Voie Vertes are boring

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Your link comes up as "a known dangerous site" on my computer.
Normandy has plenty of small fairly quiet roads. Obviously things a more problematic as you approach Paris. I think you could find some information about cycling into Paris. I seem to remember a site called "Paris a velo" (or something like it.)
I found Le Havre a bit of a pain to get out of. We headed for one of the free "Bacs" to get across the river - didn't realise at the time that there was a cycle path over the Normandy bridge.
All in all I think Dieppe is a better start - but as you say you have already booked.
Have a good trip.
benbrook

Post by benbrook »

Tigerbiten wrote:
benbrook wrote:Our route is London > Portsmouth > Le Havre > Evreux > Paris

That map shows me the Newhaven -> Dieppe route not the Portsmouth -> Le Havre one.
Double check it ...... :?

the link has both routes. honest!
MartinBrice

Post by MartinBrice »

here's a similar discussion earlier:
viewtopic.php?t=7798
ISTR the best way out of Le Havre is to aim southwards and hit a minor road that takes you eastwards.