Horncastle Lincolnshire

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
martin113

Horncastle Lincolnshire

Post by martin113 »

Can anyone recommend a good lunch stop in Horncastle for a bite to eat for a bunch of touring cyclists, but nothing fancy or expensive?
Alistair72

Re: Horncastle Lincolnshire

Post by Alistair72 »

The curry house is good, it's on the square. There is a Thai place, but it was always shut when I was there so I never made it. I used to stay at the Admiral Rodney and the bar food was ok there.
There are a bunch of places fown the road in Woodhall Spa - chinese, Italian/euro fusion, Indian, Thai and a few pubs. You can go down the old railway track, it's a pig to find at the Horncastle end but it's off the road and dead straightforward once on it.
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Sorry, actually read your post. I stopped there with work, so was there in the evenings.
I think Horcastle has some cafes as does Woodhall Spa. Sorry I can't help more.
Hobbs1951

Post by Hobbs1951 »

Food and cafes in Horncastle...it is a compact town, start in the market square - cafe and a fish & chip shop.

Seating around the market square too.

Jon.

P.S Louth is a much better base for cycling.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Is there a witherspoons nearby?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Is there a witherspoons nearby?

Nearest will be Louth about 14 miles. Wisbys butcher in Horncastle really good. Decent lunch would be their pork pies, acelet and stuffed chine with a bit of bread from Myers and some of their plum loaf to finish off.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker