GPS time?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Cunobelin

Re: GPS time?

Post by Cunobelin »

psmiffy wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:Some programs like "GeoTag" have a slide bar to allow you to correct a time difference and this is a simple and easy way round the problem of misaligned camera and GPS timings

I looked at Geotag when I was toying with geotagging the photos - and a few other programmes - they all seemed to alter the Camera time permanently - I prefer to keep the metadata intact - for me it is no big deal when viewing the GPX data on basecourse to subtract 1 - is the Geotag slider a temporary adjustment?

I just find it so simple.

Add track, add photos, coordinate the two times and you are sorted.

The only way to keep the original data intact is to copy the photos and have a geotagged and original set
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Personally I have two external HDDS

one has all photos taken, in the original format, the other has the post processed, geotagged versions
psmiffy

Post by psmiffy »

Cunobelin wrote:
The only way to keep the original data intact is to copy the photos and have a geotagged and original set

Merci Beaucoup - that's what I thought - whilst I find having geotagged photos attractive it is not essential to me - maybe when i have finished doing what i am doing at the moment i will give it another go - already have a set that i mess (post-process to proper photographers) with and a couple of backups of originals
matt_twam_asi

Post by matt_twam_asi »

If you want to add the latlong co-ordinates and you don't mind using the command line then I've found exiftool to be really powerful and well behaved towards the photo's existing exif data. There is a description of how to use it for geotagging here: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exi ... eotag.html