Paris to London - Avenue Verte

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
rbarker

Paris to London - Avenue Verte

Post by rbarker »

Hi all,

I'm going to a music festival in northern France in early July and am planning to travel home on the Avenue Verte from Paris to London. Plans are going well but I can't decide whether to take the shorter southern route or to head north via Senlis, Clermont and Beauvais. Any tips or suggestions please?

I'll be camping for the most part so will have a fully-laden touring bike, so any suggestions for campsites along the way would be appreciated too. I'm leaving Paris on a Monday and taking the ferry back from Dieppe the following Sunday, so think I've allowed myself a decent amount of time to do this at a leisurely pace.

Thanks in advance!
tim_f

Re: Paris to London - Avenue Verte

Post by tim_f »

colgren

Post by colgren »

Cycled Paris to Dieppe last summer using the Donald Hirsch route and mostly camping- avoid the campsites at Triel sur Seine which were really grotty although the surrounding area is lovely..it sounds like you've given yourself lots of time so you can afford to dawdle.. it's a lovely cycle

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
captain offensive

Post by captain offensive »

Can't comment on the longer route and i went in the other direction but i wrote up my travel here: https://r1chmay.wordpress.com/tag/avenue-verte/

It was nice riding through very quiet countryside on that part of the path