Bike Insurer recommendations

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
DarkNewt

Bike Insurer recommendations

Post by DarkNewt »

Good Morning All,

I am cycling from Santander Spain to Roscoff soon and I am struggling to find a bike insurer who will also recover my bike and panniers etc.. in case of an accident or me getting ill. Any good suggestions?

thanks NEWT
Currently planning my next adventure and trying to get over two operations in 6 months but still going strong!
email: newt@systems-engineer.info web: thedarknewt.blogspot.co.uk
Tiberius

Re: Bike Insurer recommendations

Post by Tiberius »

I have not used this but it came well recommended over on the Thorn forum....

http://www.tsb.co.uk/home-insurance/bicycle-insurance/

If it was me, I would ring them and ask them if they will cover my (your) specific requirements.....then read the T & C s carefully.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Tiberius wrote:I have not used this but it came well recommended over on the Thorn forum....

http://www.tsb.co.uk/home-insurance/bicycle-insurance/

If it was me, I would ring them and ask them if they will cover my (your) specific requirements.....then read the T & C s carefully.

Just been getting quotes from TSB, firstly for bike (including £2,000,000 public liability cover) then as a prospect for my household renewal. Interestingly the bike part of the quote I have is £25.20 for a "most expensive" bike up to £3,500, and the "Legal Services" cover under "Common examples of personal injury" in the cover booklet includes "being knocked off a bike by a motorist"!

If you are looking around then TSB insurance has definitely got to be a prospect.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I don't use them but the old CTC insurance was often recommended. I remember someone saying they had their bike and gear brought home after a problem. CJ (old CTC Technical guru) used to recommend them.

I assume, but don't know, that CycleUk insurance (as mentioned above) will be the same.