Top10 Canal Path Rides from Canal & River Trust

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

Top10 Canal Path Rides from Canal & River Trust

Post by mercalia »

"In association with British Cycling, we take a look at the best canal and river rides around. The question is, do you agree?"

well no mention of the canal path from Weybridge to Guildford or Farnborough - Basingstoke Canal/River Wey? I havent bee along there for some years but I remember a very nice ride

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/cycling/great-canal-and-river-rides?utm_source=Canal%20River%20Trust&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1827357_130617_CRT_Newsletter%2015&utm_content=Top%20ten%20cycle%20rides&dm_i=2GFS,135ZX,2F3FDY,3A2RF,1
simonhill

Re: Top10 Canal Path Rides from Canal & River Trust

Post by simonhill »

The very next paragraph says "here are a few of the best canal and river towpath routes", which is a lot less presciptive.

The chosen ones do seem a bit Northern biased with a bit of Midlands thrown in.

No mention of Kennet and Avon, which is one of the best I have ridden. Also Grand Union in and north of London. etc, etc.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

simonhill wrote:The very next paragraph says "here are a few of the best canal and river towpath routes", which is a lot less presciptive.

The chosen ones do seem a bit Northern biased with a bit of Midlands thrown in.

No mention of Kennet and Avon, which is one of the best I have ridden. Also Grand Union in and north of London. etc, etc.

it is there also the lee and stort but you have to click the number 2 I think I saw
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

And no mention of my favourite canal ride ... the eastern Chesterfield Canal .....Kiverton Park (Sheffield) to East Stockwith (Gainsborough) ....
32 miles ...
Downhill !!!
:D ... technically .... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

That article seems to give the impression " do you agree?" but there is no way to advive them of additions?