My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
StephenPeel

Re: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Post by StephenPeel »

mercalia wrote:will you be taking a spare rubber band? Or are they readily available? how long do they last?

I'm taking a spare, I have packed it in a tin, surrounded by foam so it can't get squashed or knocked about. I created a video on how to coil one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6VKxtUZMBI
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Nice video tip.
If required, would you be able to fit the new one?
Or is it a bike shop job?
I use a Rohloff with a chain but am tempted to change to a belt.
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Must admit to being a tad wary of "advanced tech" for such trips but i have the impression that you are well prepared and it a beautiful and clearly well thought out bike by a company that clearly knows what it is about. I have always admired them for fitting adjustable stems when I know that some folk are iffy about them.

Can I ask which was the Leeds bike shop?

Just off to read your web page, looks interesting, assume it will have regular updates?

But don't go mad on the mid trip scribbling, enjoy it, have a great trip.
Sweep
F70100

Post by F70100 »

Don't want to steal the OP's thunder but after watching the YouTube vid of collection day, I think it must be http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/ in Tadcaster.
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

Psamathe wrote:That must be the best colour bike I've seen. I went neutral (preferring black); but having seen your bike, if I ever need a respray ... that's the colour.

Looks fantastic.

Ian

It's that sort of thing that you want powder-coated, so to be less prone to scratches.
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
albal1

Post by albal1 »

Are you ok Stephen? Nothing from you for ages.
Did you reach pompey?
videoman

Post by videoman »

He's OK and was camping in Banbury last night after covering 26 miles yesterday. I keep up to date on his FB page where he has posted every day so far.
albal1

Post by albal1 »

videoman wrote:He's OK and was camping in Banbury last night after covering 26 miles yesterday. I keep up to date on his FB page where he has posted every day so far.

Ok good to know. Not on faceache, so I checked the blog. Nothin.
dgibby

Post by dgibby »

https://plus.google.com/collection/4KjhX

This Google blog linked to his website http://stephenpeel.co.uk/ is also giving updates
PrinterJohn

Post by PrinterJohn »

Steven is now 1000 miles into his round the world trip, see link above to see his progress on Facebook. For a none cycle tourer to take this on his progress is inspiring.
videoman

Been keeping up to date with Stephen Re: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Post by videoman »

Been keeping up to date with Stephens travels on fb and he's doing very well after some initial problems with his Rolhoff hub having no lubrication in it.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I don't think it was inside the hub was it?
cyclesense

Post by cyclesense »

The hub was lubricated correctly..

The noise was caused by the simple fact that Rohloff have modified the interface between the Gates sprocket and the hub and it simply required an application of some sticky grease.. sadly Rohloff had not informed Koga of this requirement until after the bike was built and supplied to Stephen via ourselves. We did everything possible from a distance and supported Stephen and everything was sorted .
videoman

I thiRe: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Post by videoman »

I think Stephen was mightly annoyed by day 24 when stuck in France with his new very expensive bike which had been prepared for a round the world trip to have to pay out 95euros for some very thick grease to cure an on going problem with his bike which had started before he had left the UK cycling down to the south coast.
PH

Re: I thiRe: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Post by PH »

videoman wrote:I think Stephen was mightly annoyed by day 24 when stuck in France with his new very expensive bike which had been prepared for a round the world trip to have to pay out 95euros for some very thick grease to cure an on going problem with his bike which had started before he had left the UK cycling down to the south coast.

These things happen and it's never going to be a good idea to get new kit three weeks before setting off on such an undertaking.