My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Bonefishblues

Re: I thiRe: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Postby Bonefishblues » 24 Sep 2017, 8:25am

PH wrote:
videoman wrote:I think Stephen was mightly annoyed by day 24 when stuck in France with his new very expensive bike which had been prepared for a round the world trip to have to pay out 95euros for some very thick grease to cure an on going problem with his bike which had started before he had left the UK cycling down to the south coast.

These things happen and it's never going to be a good idea to get new kit three weeks before setting off on such an undertaking.

Indeed. There was a last minute drama about the spec as delivered IIRC.

Still, he's doing OK - more than OK actually, reading his posts on his Blog.

Gattonero

Re: I thiRe: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Postby Gattonero » 24 Sep 2017, 2:50pm

PH wrote:
videoman wrote:I think Stephen was mightly annoyed by day 24 when stuck in France with his new very expensive bike which had been prepared for a round the world trip to have to pay out 95euros for some very thick grease to cure an on going problem with his bike which had started before he had left the UK cycling down to the south coast.

These things happen and it's never going to be a good idea to get new kit three weeks before setting off on such an undertaking.

Sometimes you learn along the way, it's not easily forgotten :wink:
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...

cyclesense

Re: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Postby cyclesense » 25 Sep 2017, 7:21pm

to have to pay out 95euros

Stephen was royally ripped off by the French shop... again, beyond our control.
The grease that they used was supplied free of charge by Koga but they shrugged their shoulders and did not feel that they should look after him.
Despite the fact that Koga would have reimbursed them.
Stephen has been reimbursed by myself so no cost incurred.

indeed. There was a last minute drama about the spec as delivered IIRC.

Simply untrue so please don't make things up .. Stephen had forgotten to order something ( Igaro) but it was supplied and fitted foc without any delay.

Bonefishblues

Re: My New KOGA WorldTraveller Signature has arrived (Picture) :)

Postby Bonefishblues » 25 Sep 2017, 7:46pm

cyclesense wrote:
to have to pay out 95euros

Stephen was royally ripped off by the French shop... again, beyond our control.
The grease that they used was supplied free of charge by Koga but they shrugged their shoulders and did not feel that they should look after him.
Despite the fact that Koga would have reimbursed them.
Stephen has been reimbursed by myself so no cost incurred.

indeed. There was a last minute drama about the spec as delivered IIRC.

Simply untrue so please don't make things up .. Stephen had forgotten to order something ( Igaro) but it was supplied and fitted foc without any delay.

Excuse me, I made nothing up. There was a last minute drama, wasn't there? I was agreeing with the ordering for delivery at the last moment being unwise as opposed to casting aspersions on anyone.

You will note that in an earlier post I questioned a previous poster who was incorrect about the source of the issue with the noise from the Rohloff.

You may care to measure your skin thickness before you accuse people of making things up.